• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

buying m7 turbo

D

Dmill

Sep 14, 2009
great falls / snow slip inn
scoring a damn good deal on a 06 m7 turbo, which leads me to beleive its too good to be true. getting this sled with 500 miles, custom rear suspension w/ 150 track and custom shocks. slp skis, race gas turbo at 12 psi. hes throwing in 55 gallons of sunoco, a brand new boss seat, and hes delivering it to me. what do i need to look at on this sled to make sure its all together.. he has been running it without a/f guages and when i asked him about it he said the boondocker box has it? is this true any input would be nice.

D

dubbs

Dec 8, 2007
Calgary ab
I'd pull the exhaust and the filter off the turbo, check the turbine and compressor fins out... Use a flashlight to look into the turbine housing and look at the inside of the fins... They might look fine from the outside but could be damaged on the inside...

Check for exessive shaft play...

See if the charge tubes are full of oil...

Do a compression test, you want about 120psi in both...

I think the M7's have some issues powering the big MSD pump that boondocker uses... I bought a TM7 that had been switched over to the pure logic box, 2 to 1 rising rate regulator and different fuel pump... By OVS... It worked great...

The guy I bought it from had trouble with it running out of fuel half way through a pull... before the PL update kit...

Try it out if you can... Good luck

K

knzee

Dec 29, 2008
Great Falls, MT
TM7

is this the green m7 that he punched all the holes in the hood? if so when he used to ride it it was a runner. Pretty sure he sold it a few years ago so hard to tell what has happened to it since then but it used to run damn good.

Last edited:
D

Dmill

Sep 14, 2009
thats the one.. i went ahead and did it. awesome sled, runs like a raped ape. couldnt find a hill that i couldnt do. the only complaint i have right now is the clutching. its really tall on the top end and has not much bottom end.. any suggestions. also i would like to learn a little about the boondocker box.. could use some numbers suggestions, but for the most part works awesome. Now i know why people are so addicted to boost.. this thing makes me feel invincible, pry not a good thing though.

M

MGM

Dec 2, 2007
Southern Idaho
Glad to hear everything is working great. I was gonna say do it! I know a few people that have purchased sleds from them and they were all top notch and ran great!

D

Dmill

Sep 14, 2009
well i need some numbers for this sled.. i was wondering if anyone had some bd box numbers for 12 psi boost race gas setup m7 from 6-8000 ft?? it ran decent but sometimes it would fall on its face like it was running rich and then come back out of it screaming.

Premium Features