• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tunnel/Rivets rubbing on track

S
Apr 20, 2018
Michigan
Im sorry if this is old subject but Was there anything Cat has done about the rivets eating up the sides of the track both sides of mine are frayed.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
A good chunk of the rivets that are tight clearance go from inside out. Really unless your track is loose or off center it should not be rubbing any rivets. As far as track where on the outside. Every track I have ever had, has that. Never really been an issue figure it is more from chewing on ice, logs, rocks and everything else.

But to answer your question, cat does not do much about tracks unless you have a complete failure and can show it was a direct failure not due to wear then you will not make it very far with them.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Post a pic of the rivets.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

D
Aug 18, 2014
Hellingham,wa
I could be wrong but I think the track fray comes from the scratchers rubbing on the track. Especially when you have to keep the scratchers down off trail. They rub more than you think. For years i thought the tunnel rivets were causing the fray but could never find any wear marks on any of the rivets etc. Just burn the frays off with a lighter or torch as needed.

Betterview

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2008
Central Minnesota
I believe that some of the fray along with some damage on the outside lugs comes from the one place the Arctic Cats form ice. It seems to always want to form on the sides of the tunnel in the area by the rear suspension drop brackets on colder days.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
How bad is the fraying? Is it in one spot or all over?

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I believe that some of the fray along with some damage on the outside lugs comes from the one place the Arctic Cats form ice. It seems to always want to form on the sides of the tunnel in the area by the rear suspension drop brackets on colder days.

X2, seems like I have always had a certain amount of fraying on every sled that I have owned. Both on the outside edges and in the track windows. Doesn't seem to effect the long term durability of the track though, as I have never had any issues developed from it.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
X2, seems like I have always had a certain amount of fraying on every sled that I have owned. Both on the outside edges and in the track windows. Doesn't seem to effect the long term durability of the track though, as I have never had any issues developed from it.

I've cut and burned it off in the past - no issues after that.

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
My buddies 18 MC had a very noticeable vibration especially on trail but enough you’d feel it when playing. Dealer couldn’t find anything,,, first time. Second time found a couple excessively long rivets. They replaced, no track damage somehow, and all was good.

Premium Features