• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MonoRail strength?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I was told that where the rearest pivot/mount is to the monorail that they like soldered 2 aluminum blocks on and riveted them as well and heard guys having a failure there? Can anybody else confirm that one? Supposedly a guy just got a long bolt and drilled through the rail there and that worked well for a fix.
Glued and riveted. One bolt fell out. New bolts with blue loctite...
f900104f54ba10fe74266623dbf323c1.jpg

reduce

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I know its hard to believe without buradnt. But I believe if you've never sidehilled before like lots of people attending riding clinics, the mono-rail will make it much easier, so yeah.
Great point. I hadn't looked at it like that. I agree.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I know its hard to believe without buradnt. But I believe if you've never sidehilled before like lots of people attending riding clinics, the mono-rail will make it much easier, so yeah.
Yes and no.
Its easy to over compensate and land on ur lid... lol
Anything under 30° u can pretty much ride in the neutral position. Doesn't feel right though.... so use to being on one side of the sled...
30-40° u can still ride neutral but u have to be at the back of the boards, up front won't provide enough leverage.
Anything over 40° u better be at the front of the boards and on one side of the sled, too much throttle will turn u up the hill quick.

For people that are afraid of the throttle, it will help them sidehill. Just baby it along on one ski. I could see noobs enjoying it, hell i enjoy it...

As for durability. Hifax go quickly but rail is still good at 750mi. Not a jumper though.
Hit some stumps, logs, trees, pounded the moguls.

reduce

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^ok, but you don't need that initial yank with your upper body to get it to roll over is what I noticed riding yours. just lean. I could stay neutral position a lot more on it whereas mine I hop on one side almost always unless im skidoo'n. All the 36" front end/no sway bar sleds will flop easily, thats a learning curve. Yours felt natural right off the bat to me aside from them wide tipped skis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm4mwXRxyBE

B

Boondockingak

Cat is going to warranty my rail. Sounds like they are going to warranty the track as well since it spit out clips like crazy. Dealer speculation is that the shock was flipped into lock out via a branch or something, and that lockout will snap the front of the rail.

Premium Features