• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Recoil Starter question M1000 BB

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
So for the second time now, I've broken the "starter roller" part #3007-308 on my 1300. The motor has so much compression that the plastic part just cracks after so many pull starts. It's number 2 in the schematic picture. Has anyone ever heard of an aftermarket aluminum one by chance? Or have a better idea for me other than seeing if I can get a bulk rate on several at once? Using the clutch to start is obviously not an ideal solution either. When I get a chance, I'll post a picture of the damage. Thanks in advance!!

Recoil Starter schematic.png

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
idacatman makes an adapter to put a m8-1000 recoil on the old kk 900, it was larger in dia and helped a lot. the m7 and the kk use the same recoil. i think racinstation asked this a few mo back. wonder if you can adapt it.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
idacatman makes an adapter to put a m8-1000 recoil on the old kk 900, it was larger in dia and helped a lot. the m7 and the kk use the same recoil. i think racinstation asked this a few mo back. wonder if you can adapt it.

The 1300 is based on the M1000 motor so it already has the bigger recoil. I just have it in a M7 chassis.

Thanks for ideas though!

Premium Features