• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timber Sled Suspension For Nytro

A
Jan 23, 2008
Need Advice I Have Heard Some Guys Have Put Rails Through Their Track. Also Which 162 Track Is The Best Replcement Track I Am Boosted Going To Try It Today With Stock Track

J
Nov 29, 2007
I went with the 162x15x21/4 camo extreme, and was happy with it. And, yes it happened to me too, and I have the stock skid with ice-age rails. But I think it has less to do with the 162, and is more the fault of the addition of 100 horsepower in my case. Anyways spent the $90 for anti-stab kit that I should have bought in the first place, and am putting it all on with timbersled supsension this week. Hopefully it won't be an issue again. The plastic boots on the end of the rail didn't go on the ice age rails very easy--might be part of the issue. My advice-- spend the $90 on the anti-stab kit, and save yourself $600 later.

jj

Last edited:
D

doo-ski

Nov 27, 2007
www.yellowNytro.com
track

It must be that 2 1/4 x 162. I just stabbed my track this weekend, I now have a 2 1/2 x 162 with anti stab kit. I also run Ice Age rails with timbersled suspension. Expensive lesson; spend the extra 90.00 to save 900.00 in track replacement. Must be the extra ponies

S
Nov 26, 2007
spring creek, nv.
where are you guy,s getting the anti stab kits, I have been running the timbersled skid with turbo and stock track with no problems, just put the 162 2 1/4 on and don,t want to ruin it.

R
Nov 26, 2007
COSTCO
yeah where do yoy get an anti stab kit and do you need one with stock rails ? i talked to my local dealer ships and every one said yeah go with the 8 inch wheels it will help?? lol. clearly they have no idea what an anti stab kit is ha :confused:

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I would always run the anti stab. With the super flat approach angles nowadays and the 3.0 pitch on top of that you have a sled with big power. It is well worth the dough. $89.99. We sell the Wahl Bros. version.

S
Dec 20, 2007
North Shore, BC
Where do you get rails from... I've looked everywhere for IceAge rails, no luck. Are there better rails out there? I've heard alot of negatives about the Ice Age rails, that people just seem to put up with.

I'm thinking about running a 144" x 16". I'd love to turbo it, but that might be a few years away, so thinking the 144 might be a better option.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We have had great luck running the Arctic Cat rails on the timbersled suspension for the 144 or 162 lengths.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Where do you get rails from... I've looked everywhere for IceAge rails, no luck. Are there better rails out there? I've heard alot of negatives about the Ice Age rails, that people just seem to put up with.

I'm thinking about running a 144" x 16". I'd love to turbo it, but that might be a few years away, so thinking the 144 might be a better option.

What kinda negatives?? I have had 2 sets and the craftman ship it top notch. Where else can you get a set of rails in a week with custom stuff done to them?? Like diff size rear wheel....holes here and there where you need them????

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
The only negative on our Iceage rails was that the lower shock shaft holes were a hair too high, pretty minor to remedy. This anti-stab kit intrigues me though as I have a 162 on my Nytro. I have never had an antistab kit on any of my turbos. Can someone elaborate on the reason and where to get them. I am running a 162 off an Apex with Avids and 8" wheels on Iceage straight rails with a Timbersled skid.

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
The 3" pitch and flat angle of attack and loose tracks = the possibility of getting the end of your rail in the track hole and tearing it, not to mention throwing you over the bars. Anti stab kits are located at the front of the rails with small wheels on a cross shaft to not allowi your track to get caught on the end of the rails.

I put on the Hi-Perf kit on my Tcat after hearing stories of people tearing up tracks on KK http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/Anti_Stab_Wheel_Kits.html

Way cheaper than a new track or trying to get your sled out of the back country without a track.

S
Dec 20, 2007
North Shore, BC
What kinda negatives?? I have had 2 sets and the craftman ship it top notch. Where else can you get a set of rails in a week with custom stuff done to them?? Like diff size rear wheel....holes here and there where you need them????

The negatives that I have heard are all about dimensions being slightly off. ie. Hyfax not fitting or having to be screwed on, holes in the wrong spot, etc. Not slagging them, I was just curios.

S
Nov 26, 2007
spring creek, nv.
are you guys putting the anti stab kit in the place of the limiter strap rod or are you drilling holes closer to the tip of the rail, the limiter strap rod is about 6" from the tip of the rail on mine and that seems to far away to do any good,

J
Nov 29, 2007
I am just getting ready to install my anti-stab and my timbersled right now, and I am also trying to figure out where to put the anti-stab. I think putting it on the limiter strap is too far back, it needs to support the rail caps--after i stabbed my track, the rail that still had it's cap on was scraped up almost through it to the rail, so it was taking some major abuse. right now I think I will put it right behind rail caps. on my anti-stab on polaris 600 turbo that highmark rec installed it looks like they cut the rails and put the anti-stab at the very front of the rail, but it is connected to limiter strap. I don't want to cut my rails though. If anyone had pics of a setup that has been working good that would be huge. Or just a good description..:)

Premium Features