• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anybody use the OTG Smith Turbo googles?

Dec 29, 2007
The ones with the fan on top and AAA batt on the side. I wear glasses and am alsways fogged up they say these help keep glasses clear.
Just wonder if they actually work well.

S

Spud

Mar 5, 2003
Lewistown,MT-USA
I have em. they work better than no fan at all of course but they do not cure all fogging, especially when its really cold.

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
I have both the current generation and the last generation, which I liked better.

The new ones pull air from the outside thru the fan into the goggles. Get into some powder and you end up pulling snow into the goggle, defeating the purpose. Quality and foam are better, though.

The older style goggle had a sealed fan, so when the fan was on it recirculated air, kind of creating a higher air pressure inside the goggle, which help clear the lens and kept snow out of the goggle. The foam sucks and they're probably hard to find now. ProVue might have a few (I bought 3 pars last year for $50 each).

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
i have the old style and the new. both work pretty well but wont cure all fogging issues. old style w/ controls on strap work better ,but harder to switch off and on.newer style tend to dry my eyes out more

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
I own a pair of one of the first out on the market, I used them for skiing. I also own the newer version and wore those when I first got into sledding. They worked ok, but the wife talked me into trying contacts, it was the best thing I ever did. I only wear them when I sled but WOW!! what a differance.

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
mine are otg with quick strap and the no-fog II mask, never fog up, the no fog mask did the trick, with my glasses i always fogged with all the breath deflectors til i got the mask, ugly as sin but works!

Premium Features