• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

F7 runs for 5 seconds then dies.

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
2004 F7 EFI. The last 2 days it will only start for 5 seconds and then dies every time. Today we checked and it looks like it kills the spark. With the air box off we sprayed starting fluid in the throttle bodies and it doesn't help at all. Now the weird part. We were checking the spark with an extra plug in the plug wire and resting it on the belt guard. When we put the wire back on the plug in the motor it started up and ran fine. As soon as we shut it off and tried to start it it only would run for 5 seconds again. We did this over again and again and sometimes pullin plug wire off and putting an extra plug in it and resting it on the belt guard would make it start and run when we put it back on the motor. Sometimes it didn't work. Coil? Stator? ECU? I am stumped!! Help me!!!!!!!

A
Dec 4, 2007
Fairbanks
Had the same thing happen to a body of mine. His would run a little longer than 5 seconds. It turned out to be the coil. He tried the pump first and it did no good. You can take it in and maybe have a dealer test it, but my money is on the Coil. Good luck.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
throttle override system. just happened to a buds sled on monday. unplug the tors and see if she runs.

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
We figured it out today. it had a broken wire in the harness coming out of the ECU. Thanks for all the ideas.

Premium Features