• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bikeman pipe + bullydog

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Looking at running a Bikeman pipe and bullydog setup this season on my sks. Are there many of you guys out there with this setup and how did u like it? I was also considering SLP but Bikeman has a Canadian website now and shipping is relatively cheap. I read the thread posted by Prayin4snow and I know Lefty out at Togwotee really likes his setup but that's the only two people that I can find that have any reviews on it.

wfieldin

Lifetime Membership
Jul 28, 2009
Denver
I ran the pipe, hi alt head, and tuner at the end of last year on my 16 Axys, I was very happy and plan to do the same on my 17, although I may not run the head for warranty purposes.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Dons speed shop in saskatchewan is a bikeman deal. And had lots of stock last time I talked with them.

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Running the BMP pipe, into an SSI Ti can. Went with the DTR PC-V instead of the bulldog.
Only had it for one ride, but there was noticeable improvement for sure , can't wait for some snowflakes to fall so I can swing a leg back over it! :face-icon-small-hap

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Looking at running a Bikeman pipe and bullydog setup this season on my sks. Are there many of you guys out there with this setup and how did u like it? I was also considering SLP but Bikeman has a Canadian website now and shipping is relatively cheap. I read the thread posted by Prayin4snow and I know Lefty out at Togwotee really likes his setup but that's the only two people that I can find that have any reviews on it.

I was running what would be their stage 3. I really really liked it and IMO the Bully Dog makes a lot of difference as timing, fuel, oil pump output and many more things can be changed with it vs. a piggy back fuel controller. I also recommend using their clutch weights/kit set for the performance stage you're using.

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
I ran the SLP pipe in BC 4-7000 feet no resistor or fuel controller. The thing rips. Rec supply has them here in Canada. Doing the same to my 17

Topo, what clutching are you running ? SLP's ? I'm looking for run the SLP Pipe with my GGB can on my 2016 163" x 3", and wondering if I should just run 10-66's. 3-7000 feet, Thanks.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Topo, what clutching are you running ? SLP's ? I'm looking for run the SLP Pipe with my GGB can on my 2016 163" x 3", and wondering if I should just run 10-66's. 3-7000 feet, Thanks.

66's wont be enough. I had the same sled last year and I ran 66's for 8-10,000ft and still turned 83-8400. I even ran 68's a few rides. It pulled like crazy on the bottom end, but just couldnt hold rpm on a climb or in deep fresh.
Eric

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
66's wont be enough. I had the same sled last year and I ran 66's for 8-10,000ft and still turned 83-8400. I even ran 68's a few rides. It pulled like crazy on the bottom end, but just couldnt hold rpm on a climb or in deep fresh.
Eric

SRXSRULE, are you using polaris 10-66 and 10-68 weights? or are they the SLP MTX weights? i just put the jaws pipe on my 2016 163 2.6 and put 10-66 polaris weights in. I ride 6-7000k. Is 10-66 going to be enough? i might need to get a set Dalton adjustable weights. any info would be appreciated.

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
I ran the pipe, hi alt head, and tuner at the end of last year on my 16 Axys, I was very happy and plan to do the same on my 17, although I may not run the head for warranty purposes.

You don't think that bully dog is traceable voiding warranty

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
SRXSRULE, are you using polaris 10-66 and 10-68 weights? or are they the SLP MTX weights? i just put the jaws pipe on my 2016 163 2.6 and put 10-66 polaris weights in. I ride 6-7000k. Is 10-66 going to be enough? i might need to get a set Dalton adjustable weights. any info would be appreciated.

I run Polaris weights, never tried the the MTX weights. I also dont know anyone that ran the Jaws pipe.
I did run the Dalton adjustable weights for almost 1/2 the season. I love that fact that you can adjust weight with out removing any parts. I played with the set screws several times trying to get it right. The problem I had was I couldnt get the weights, weighted how I needed too. I had 60 gram base weights and even if you had them fully loaded at 70 grams, its almost all in the heel of the weight. The problem is the tip of the weights are just too light, the weight profile is too narrow. Now, if they made a 65 gram base weight, that would be perfect. Eric

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
I run Polaris weights, never tried the the MTX weights. I also dont know anyone that ran the Jaws pipe.
I did run the Dalton adjustable weights for almost 1/2 the season. I love that fact that you can adjust weight with out removing any parts. I played with the set screws several times trying to get it right. The problem I had was I couldnt get the weights, weighted how I needed too. I had 60 gram base weights and even if you had them fully loaded at 70 grams, its almost all in the heel of the weight. The problem is the tip of the weights are just too light, the weight profile is too narrow. Now, if they made a 65 gram base weight, that would be perfect. Eric

Thanks for the info. i was on Daltons website and they now have a base weight of 62 gram and adjustable to 69.5 grams. i think thats the one ill have to get. they also have a base weight of 66, but that might be a little to much weight tho. i have heard great things about the jaws pipe. claimed HP is 9.2 and the SLP is 9. So if you were happy with the SLP im sure the Jaws will work just as well.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Thanks for the info. i was on Daltons website and they now have a base weight of 62 gram and adjustable to 69.5 grams. i think thats the one ill have to get. they also have a base weight of 66, but that might be a little to much weight tho. i have heard great things about the jaws pipe. claimed HP is 9.2 and the SLP is 9. So if you were happy with the SLP im sure the Jaws will work just as well.

If you want to try those Dalton weights.... Check Cutler Performance first. They sell the EXACT same weights for like 60-70.00 less. Eric

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK

Dalton QAP 3's are 66 gram base, might work for ya?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Dalton QAP 3's are 66 gram base, might work for ya?

I see that Cutler also have a 65 gram base weight now too. I think either one would work. Might have to give them a try again. Eric

Premium Features