• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colin Kaepernick - what a loser

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
It will get to the point that the players will just all sit out and refuse to play. Go ahead and replace them, it will be sub-par talent. The league tried to do that in 1982.

They didnt have Keanu Reeves & his replacements. :eyebrows:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
It's not what the fans want. It's what you want.

They won't bench the stars because I pay money to see the stars. Money talk, BS walks.

The league makes way too much money. Why? Because of the players. I'm not going to a game to be patriotic. I'm not going to a game to see the owners in their luxury box. I go to the games to see the best professional football players in the world. These guys are the 0.01% of finest football players in the world.

Teams are paid to win, you can't win if you bench your star players.

It will get to the point that the players will just all sit out and refuse to play. Go ahead and replace them, it will be sub-par talent. The league tried to do that in 1982. Players sat out, the league told them they don't need them, hired scab replacement players and their ratings tanked.

I get what you are saying, but in 1982 it was the players against the "rich owners", so of course the fans empathized with the players.

In 2017, it's the players against American policemen, and this time the fans have obviously chosen againt the players this time.

I really do hope some of these players choose to walk out. This could actually help ratings if the NFL and owners stand firm and prohibit the disrespectful antics.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Here is a list of players and teams that protested during the national anthem:
Dolphins vs. Falcons
Kenny Stills, Mike Thomas and Julius Thomas stayed in the locker room for the anthem but came out to rejoin their team after it was over. All members of the Falcons stood for the anthem but 10 did not interlock arms.
Packers vs. Vikings
All members of the Packers and Vikings stood during the national anthem. The Packers linked arms as a team once again.
Lions vs. Saints
All members of the Lions and Saint stood for the national anthem. The Lions linked arms for the anthem for the second consecutive week.

Patriots vs. Jets
All Patriots and Jets players stood during the national anthem. Jets players linked arms. The Patriots players put one hand on their teammates' back and another one on their heart.
49ers vs. Redskins
Six 49ers players including Marquise Goodwin, Eli Harold, Arik Armstead, Joe Williams, Eric Reid and Donte Johnson took a knee for the national anthem. The Redskins all stood for the anthem.
Bears vs. Ravens
All members of the Ravens and Bears stood for the national anthem. There was no moment of prayer at M&T Bank Stadium like there was two weeks ago. Fans booed the players during the prayer.
This post will be updated as Sunday's games continue.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I get what you are saying, but in 1982 it was the players against the "rich owners", so of course the fans empathized with the players.

In 2017, it's the players against American policemen, and this time the fans have obviously chosen againt the players this time.

I really do hope some of these players choose to walk out. This could actually help ratings if the NFL and owners stand firm and prohibit the disrespectful antics.

You're wrong again. They are not against policemen.

Again, the NFL is still swimming in Billions of profits. The Owners have said they will not force the players to stand. The owners are smart Billionaires. They have more to lose. The Players know they are short term. The average career is less than 3 years. The owners will still be here in 10 years.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Green Beret Article - Hits the nail on the head

This on espn.com:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...mp-colin-kaepernick-nfl-united-states-america

All I can say is AMEN. and AMEN. and AMEN.

I wasn't a huge fan of Obama, but he did get a couple of guys to sit down & have a beer with him & talk things out. When you're face to face with someone, they become human. You don't have to agree and that's ok. We can still be civil & even have fun with those who have radically different opinions than our own.

Maybe this guy should run for President. I'd vote for him. :face-icon-small-coo

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/17/55839...d-nfl-player-talks-about-take-a-knee-protests

I heard that on the radio last night. What I didn't like was that at the end of the story the gal closed it by saying "He agreed with Colin Kapernick that he should take a knee." Might be the jist of it, but lets not put words in other peoples' mouths.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Have not been here in a while. All I can say is the NHL players stand for the National Anthem. As do high school, and collage players. $.02

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Who else skipped the NFL games today?
Thank you if you did.

Really great to see the reports of dismal attendance around the league!

Premium Features