For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2015, 01:32 PM
Currently: Not set.
Jonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Help!!! Lights and gauge sometimes not working

My 05 m7 is having a gauge and headlight problem that has happened 4 times now
While going down the trail it would suddenly cut out and not run right. When that happens the gauge and headlights stop working.
I wiggled the harness a bit and nothing would happen so I went down the ditch a little more slowly and it came out of it.
Buddle of mine said it's probably the voltage regulator, is there a test for that?
Any help would be much apreciated since I'm leaving on Monday for cooke city.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-31-2015, 05:26 PM
Currently: '14 m8 SP 153-hyvos, dmnd-s, anti-stb,
Vern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Check for electrical shorts, these sleds are notorious for little shorts causing all kinds of wierd stuff. I had the same thing you describe happen on my m7 and it was the harness going to the bars got pinched in the steering stop on the post. Fixed that and was good again. Other common areas for shorts on the m7 are at the rear tail light and I believe where the tail light wires exit the tunnel above the brakes

Old 01-01-2016, 07:06 PM
Currently: Fighting Winter Wildlands with everything I've got
kidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond reputekidwoo has a reputation beyond repute

^Yup.

A buddy's 08 had the same issue. His was the tail light wire.

Your loud can sounds stupid

Old 01-02-2016, 09:00 AM
Currently: waiting for the big dump!
Basic Member
sledtahoe has a reputation beyond reputesledtahoe has a reputation beyond reputesledtahoe has a reputation beyond reputesledtahoe has a reputation beyond reputesledtahoe has a reputation beyond reputesledtahoe has a reputation beyond reputesledtahoe has a reputation beyond reputesledtahoe has a reputation beyond reputesledtahoe has a reputation beyond reputesledtahoe has a reputation beyond reputesledtahoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default yes

same thing happened when the hand warmer was shorting on bars for me

The Following User Says Thank You to sledtahoe For This Useful Post:
Jonathanpitzl (01-03-2016)
Old 01-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Basic Member
Sledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond repute

hope its just a wire, I have an 06 m7, at 1500 miles the stator quit working, stock exhaust and venting, I have since opened up the exhaust side with vents. If you cannot find a bad wire I would get a stator to bring with you, its not too bad of a job to fix as long as you do not have to do it on a trailer.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Jonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond reputeJonathanpitzl has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I looked for signs of shorting but couldn't find anything, and did a bunch of harness wiggling and couldn't make it happen

Old 01-03-2016, 11:14 AM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledtahoe View Post
same thing happened when the hand warmer was shorting on bars for me
You were right, I wiggle that wire around and that was the problem, unplugged the hand warmers and it was good as new! Thanks for the help!!