• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jealousy?!?!?

Fire Watch

Going out riding with the boyz is one thing, especially a group ride. If the plan involved overnighting in the same room with the boyz- not the same. I've been out west long enough to know, Where there's Smoke, there's Fire. I'm just sayin'.......:flame:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Going out riding with the boyz is one thing, especially a group ride. If the plan involved overnighting in the same room with the boyz- not the same. I've been out west long enough to know, Where there's Smoke, there's Fire. I'm just sayin'.......:flame:

Regardless, it still all boils down to TRUST!!!!!

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
sounds crazy to me.
if my wife was freaking out because a girl was going on a trip with 9 other guys sledding. I would have to start seriously questioning if this was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
ok if she was a X or something or if she had a rep I could poss see but just a girl going on a trip?
now if it was me and 9 girls I am sure there would be issues.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
My wife knows that when I'm sledding the only thing I am interested in riding is sleds.
She even complains about being a sledding widow in the winter.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Missy I have been in the same situation somewhat, up until the last few years and technology. Finding other gals that ride have been few and far between, which meant I was usually the only gal riding. I would hear later from people I had rode with at one time or another that a wife was ticked that there was a gal on the ride and she was sure I was hot after her man.....really? When I am out riding that is what I am doing, not looking for a man. As a matter of fact, I was usually in a relationship and my man was on that ride, talk about getting all the facts before assuming. Lol

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Missy I have been in the same situation somewhat, up until the last few years and technology. Finding other gals that ride have been few and far between, which meant I was usually the only gal riding. I would hear later from people I had rode with at one time or another that a wife was ticked that there was a gal on the ride and she was sure I was hot after her man.....really? When I am out riding that is what I am doing, not looking for a man. As a matter of fact, I was usually in a relationship and my man was on that ride, talk about getting all the facts before assuming. Lol

I am glad you know how I feel! :)

Missy

W

Woops!

Mar 13, 2011
Fairbanks, AK
That sucks that they ditched you because of their wives. I'm lucky to have a husband who tortured me enough through the first couple of years of riding that I was forced to learn to keep up & have always rode with the guys (that just happens to be our group of riding buddies). I've never heard of any complaints from their wives/girlfriends & am hoping some of them will start joining us sometimes. I don't know if it would make a difference if I was 20 yrs younger or not, having recently been nicknamed "Battle Dwarf" by one of the guys we were riding with at Arctic Man, I'm thinking if that's how they're describing me, the gals also may think their men are pretty safe with me:) I do have to say that I would not have a problem with Josh riding with a group of guys and girls without me other than being jealous of the riding if I couldn't make the trip. On the other hand, I wouldn't want Josh to go on an overnighter with a group of girls... that's just me.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Ok, so since I can only comment on the girls I have ridden with..ladies...since I don't see any really good pics of ya..are you all like playboy bunnies, wearing those like ultra shear Klim leggings, those pushup tekvest, and those 6" spiked see thru HMK boots, or those crotchless 1 piece leathers or something?Just J/k girls...

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Ok, so since I can only comment on the girls I have ridden with..ladies...since I don't see any really good pics of ya..are you all like playboy bunnies, wearing those like ultra shear Klim leggings, those pushup tekvest, and those 6" spiked see thru HMK boots, or those crotchless 1 piece leathers or something?Just J/k girls...

Ummm nope and especially not while riding *GRIN* or at least I and the ladies I have ridden with are out there to ride! Or play right girlpowder!?!

Missy

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
This is such a great topic, as I'm sure most ladies that are super passionate about this sport have had to deal with it at one time or another.

For me it boils down to respecting other people's feelings above anything else. As painful as it is to bail out on an epic trip with the boys, I would if I thought it would cause hurt feelings or drama for someone else. I've been invited on lots of boys only trips, right in front of wives even. To say yes would be selfish and hurtful, so I'm ok with riding another day.

I don't always understand why people would feel jealous, but I can respect their feelings. It's not worth the drama.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
I'll tell ya what, all you ladies can come ride with me!! No wifey, so you won't have to worry about hurt feelings or jealousy!!

Except maybe mine when you outride me :face-icon-small-win

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
sounds crazy to me.
if my wife was freaking out because a girl was going on a trip with 9 other guys sledding. I would have to start seriously questioning if this was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
ok if she was a X or something or if she had a rep I could poss see but just a girl going on a trip?
now if it was me and 9 girls I am sure there would be issues.

I think ezra might be on to something there.:director:

Yes we've seen your tekvest Missy.:shocked:

Haha, just yankin ur chain Missy. Lets turn this around now. How far do you think a single guy planing a pampered day at the spa with 9 married ladies would get?

Lol. Thought I'd lighten this up a bit. Utah section is slow.:face-icon-small-ton

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Yes we've seen your tekvest Missy.:shocked:

Haha, just yankin ur chain Missy. Lets turn this around now. How far do you think a single guy planing a pampered day at the spa with 9 married ladies would get?

Lol. Thought I'd lighten this up a bit. Utah section is slow.:face-icon-small-ton

Hmmmm good question Mountaincat 800! I am pretty sure all the husbands wouldn't say he couldn't go to the spa though, especially if the ladies invited him to begin with! LOL :whip:

Last edited:

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Hmmmm good question Mountaincat 800! I am pretty sure all the husbands wouldn't say he couldn't go to the spa though, especially if the ladies invited him to begin with! LOL :whip:

Maybe a couple of the ladies wouldn't feel comfortable with him around.:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features