• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can anyone identify these twin pipes? 670

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
On a 670, also has a UBR head if that is a clue. Stock bore. Anyone know pipe manufacturer and possibly what RPM they ran, assuming stock engine besides the head?

IMG951512.jpg IMG951513.jpg

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I think I got it....

Those look like Gerard Karpik hydroformed FAST pipes.
I know at one time they would tack weld their "FAST" label onto the pipe, then after a while they were stamped "FAST"
The one's I ran (FAST) turned 8200.

...might not be, however those guys were about the first that I can remember that did hydroformed twin pipes back in the day.

I had twin Decker, Aaen and Wahl pipes for 670s in the past and they were hand rolled/welded (many) sections.
I know that black magic used to do hydroformed pipes back in the day too.

N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
I would almost agree they are CS pipes, but I dont remember them building thier silencers like that. Im guessing Split Second with the target rpm @ 82-8300 rpm.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
My money's on crank shop also, union bay use to run there pipes with there motors. Had a old friend that had there 740 kit and it looks similar.

I've been around Fast, psi, jaws, slp, power inc and what is pictured is not any of those.

Last edited:
T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I think I got it....

Those look like Gerard Karpik hydroformed FAST pipes.
I know at one time they would tack weld their "FAST" label onto the pipe, then after a while they were stamped "FAST"
The one's I ran (FAST) turned 8200.

...might not be, however those guys were about the first that I can remember that did hydroformed twin pipes back in the day.

I had twin Decker, Aaen and Wahl pipes for 670s in the past and they were hand rolled/welded (many) sections.
I know that black magic used to do hydroformed pipes back in the day too.
Yep I think your right I had Fast too and thats what they look'd like.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Like I said what makes them stand out is they are "hydroformed" and Fast was doing that in the first bunch of years they were making pipes. All these other skidoo guys were making pipes from cones and stamped pieces.
I have an old Fast engine tuning video and watched a guy guiding a pipe out of the hydroform and they look nearly the same other than paint. :face-icon-small-hap

D
Jan 17, 2009
GF, MT
pipes

they look like fast pipes to me I never had a set of fast pipes for a 670 but there pipes for the old mach 1 s with the 583 and the 617 liked to be spun hard like 9200 was what I ran my fast ported and piped 583 and 617 fast sure did nice work . the mufflers if you can call them that were welded on the pipe like that too .

have a great day dan

also if the rpms were held low on fast pipes they used there fatboy single like 300 rpm over stock

Premium Features