• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Team clutch review 275 evo kit. MDS weights.

H

HCM

Jan 12, 2010
So rode today on the new clutch kept the belt on all day did not smell belt every time I stopped but not to impressed with the helix needs a shallower helix I'm sure, thing pulls like a freight train in the track but once you leave the tracks its all over track speed goes from holey cow to what the hell just happened took a bunch of weight out and switched helix angels and it is way better but still not as good as the stock as far as pulling track speed. had me wandering when i was told this is the set up watched some videos of them on You Tube and looked like they were lacking track speed in the video and they are, so hopefully a guy can get a helix that will work and still keep a belt on I no i am real tired of looking at the clutches today after the just bolt it on and it will be night and day difference, and I say it is with belt life but not with performance so if any one has a set up that works in this clutch for chute pulling and hill climbing let me no I didn't by this sled to race my Buddy's down the trail. that is y it is a mountain sled. not meaning to complain about a good product I think it is great but needs improvement maybe I can get team to send me some helix's and I will find something that will work with this set up for the mountain's.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
So rode today on the new clutch kept the belt on all day did not smell belt every time I stopped but not to impressed with the helix needs a shallower helix I'm sure, thing pulls like a freight train in the track but once you leave the tracks its all over track speed goes from holey cow to what the hell just happened took a bunch of weight out and switched helix angels and it is way better but still not as good as the stock as far as pulling track speed. had me wandering when i was told this is the set up watched some videos of them on You Tube and looked like they were lacking track speed in the video and they are, so hopefully a guy can get a helix that will work and still keep a belt on I no i am real tired of looking at the clutches today after the just bolt it on and it will be night and day difference, and I say it is with belt life but not with performance so if any one has a set up that works in this clutch for chute pulling and hill climbing let me no I didn't by this sled to race my Buddy's down the trail. that is y it is a mountain sled. not meaning to complain about a good product I think it is great but needs improvement maybe I can get team to send me some helix's and I will find something that will work with this set up for the mountain's.

What primary spring are you using?

H

HCM

Jan 12, 2010
the black Green was told not to run to Gold Polaris spring I have all most all the weight out of my drive clutch ya on the trail or hard pack it will pull 8400 now but it will not back shift when you leave the hard pack on a hill, will pull down when I put it on the way it was suppose to be set up to 7200 rpm now with all the weight out and the helix changed to the other side it will pull 7600, just acts like it is does not want to back shift clutch temps are cool no belt issues but has to spin the track in order to climb stuff once again I climb chutes not race up hard packed trails or hills works good for that stuff once you hit the 3 foot of powder at the end of the packed snow you mite as well walk to the top. now if you could post a Video of some one climbing the Monster chute in Canada with this exact same set up I would say something is messed up with mine but it used to work with the stock clutch set up but belt would not last a ride and stock the sled would go 700 miles a belt. I want a sled that in the Video some one will say wow that thing goes, had that with my Twisted 1000 not so much with this set up hope to get something figured out with it.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
the black Green was told not to run to Gold Polaris spring I have all most all the weight out of my drive clutch ya on the trail or hard pack it will pull 8400 now but it will not back shift when you leave the hard pack on a hill, will pull down when I put it on the way it was suppose to be set up to 7200 rpm now with all the weight out and the helix changed to the other side it will pull 7600, just acts like it is does not want to back shift clutch temps are cool no belt issues but has to spin the track in order to climb stuff once again I climb chutes not race up hard packed trails or hills works good for that stuff once you hit the 3 foot of powder at the end of the packed snow you mite as well walk to the top. now if you could post a Video of some one climbing the Monster chute in Canada with this exact same set up I would say something is messed up with mine but it used to work with the stock clutch set up but belt would not last a ride and stock the sled would go 700 miles a belt. I want a sled that in the Video some one will say wow that thing goes, had that with my Twisted 1000 not so much with this set up hope to get something figured out with it.

Call me and I will help you.

Premium Features