• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for a new jacket? Motor fist or Klim?

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
I think either of those companys make nice clothing, hmk is another brand to look into. I recently picked up a set of sledneck gear for next to nothing so will see how I like their stuff. What to get depends on what you are looking for and kind of riding you do.

J
Dec 30, 2007
Edmonds, WA
I wear HMK, but have good friends who swear by Motorfist and Klim. Motorfist's stuff all seems to have non removable liners so it's very warm. Klim makes great stuff which fits tall women. I'm short and love the unlined HMK gear. They have super customer service too. I have nothing bad to say about any of these brands, so I guess I would say find what fits you the best.

Hotlips

Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
The tall mountains of north America.
I am looking for a new snowmobile jacket and I am undecided what kind to purchase? What do other woman wear

What you need to consider is the type of riding you do. I am always moving and sweating so thick layers tend to be a bit much for me. I personally wear Klim because they now have a layering line. What I start off with I can always take off if I start to get hot and put back on for the trail ride off the mountain :face-icon-small-hap

Your in Montana so your temperatures can be pretty chilly... Fit is important and HMK makes a great fit for women. Also one more thing to consider is how all your other gear fits under your outerwear... Beacon, chest protector, avilung. All of the manufacturers make great products and have great warranties. Klim has always taken care of my needs when they arise.

I hope that helps :bounce: Let me know what you decide on.

R
Jun 22, 2009
S.W Montana
I'm a KLIM girl here.:face-icon-small-hap I am also in Montana and I need to be able to layer, the morning may start out rather chilly and by afternoon after riding I am pulling a layer off. I like their fit and quality of their product. I do think that both HMK and Motorfist have nice products as well. I would recommend trying on each of them and seeing what fit you like.:face-icon-small-win

I do not ride in bibs because it's a pain in the butt to strip down for a nature moment!:face-icon-small-blu I wear KLIM free ride pant and love them, I am not fond of the bibs with zippers on the seat, too many things can happen ie: zippers are full of snow and brake, they ice up, or they let moisture in and you get wet. Again I think that this is another personal option and depends on the type of riding that you do.

W
Jan 29, 2010
Havre Montana
Thanks everyone for the great info. I have a hard choice but I will be trying boths styles on! I usually only ride in a outer shell jacket because of layering. You never know what the weather will be like her in Montana!

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
One thing to consider is the material the clothing is made of. A lot of the snowmobile specific brands promote their waterproofness (is that a word?) and beathability of their clothing, but their women's lines are made from a different materials than the men's lines.

I've always been a gore-tex girl, but there seem to be a few new products popping up that have good reviews as well.

Some of the things I would look for in a jacket are venting, powder skirt to keep the snow off your back, and no insulation or removable liner so you can layer. Also make sure you are getting waterproof, breathable gear. I have purchased gear in the past that was sled-specific, and when I complained to the company about moisture issues they told me that they don't call their clothing "waterproof".

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
Wrist gators are another key component I look for in jackets. Other than that, I want a light, agile, waterproof shell. And since I prefer pants too (not bibs), I've gone with gear that is mated or where the jacket attaches to the pant because I've found that even powder skirts hike up past my pants and let snow in sometimes. I ride in 686 snowboard gear because they have all these features along with that super lightweight jacket that is most important to me - I overheat terribly when riding! :face-icon-small-con

I really liked Klim's womens line last year, jacket is still a bit heavy for my liking but from most women I talk to, they stay very comfortable in it! Your going to get good durability out of their gear too.

I'm going to have to check out Moto Fist's stuff! Great to see they are making a line of women's gear too!

FirstPlaceParts

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Mina, SD
www.FirstPlaceParts.com
Wome's Gear

This is my first post in the Ladies Forum, don't know why. I have to say that I'll probably try and sell you something but I will also give my honest opinion on all my products as well as I can.

So here is my opinion when buying gear:
The first thing I look for is, is it guaranteed waterproof. I can say from experience and research that both Klim and MotorFist have membranes that will keep you dry. I've worn Klim for many years and MotorFist for the last couple of years and both will breath very well and also keep moisture out.

If you narrow it down to these two criteria then you just need to try them on and see what fits and what style you like. If you have a local dealer go down and try them on and see what works for you. If you are not close to a local dealer we offer a 45 day return policy with free shipping to you. So you can order both and see what fits or what you like and return the rest.

Here are link to both MotorFist and Klim:

MotorFist Women's Gear
Klim Women's Gear

Thanks
Mark

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
I started out in the early 2000's in Klim pants, my son now wears those pants as they are to big for me now......yahoo for me. But in the mean time I have tried several other brands besides motorist. They don't even compare with Klim in my opinion, can't speak for motor fist gear. Klim has stepped up women's line big time, and will continue in the upcoming years. I have all Klim gear now and love it, including the bibs, which I am a pant girl, but the bibs kept me warm and dry last year. The jacket has great vents and fits great with the rest of my gear. Good luck!

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
I have always been a Klim girl, but I'm excited to say that this year I will be on board with Motorfist. Super stoked to try out there boots too. Currently wearing there Duchness jacket around town and love it!

messickzr

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Iowa
I just ordered my wife a new motor-fist jacket for her birthday. Hope she likes the fit and likes the jacket. Edit, if she looks at this site I guess she knows what she is getting for her birthday :)

W
Jan 29, 2010
Havre Montana
Well I purchased the Motorfist empress jacket. The insulated jacket that is inside is very warm. The shell fits very well! I will most likely wear them separately. I hope it holds up this season!!

S

summitman

Oct 9, 2001
stanley, ND
www.prairieford.com
I'm also looking for a new coat for my wife. I'm a Klim guy, but I'm open to idea's. What Klim coats are must women going with. I was looking at the Klim Alpine Parka. I want her happy & warm, as she's fairly new to the riding part of the sport.

Premium Features