• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new to snowmobiling

T
Nov 27, 2011
kent, wa
New to this sport, and i dont know where to go. so any beginner places that i can go to sled would be great. also i need to get a feel for my new sled. so any open places would be great.
thx. -ty

S

shmuckaluck

Aug 20, 2001
Federal Way, Washington
Hey guys,
Well you know where Gold creek is, thats a good place to go has all kinds of ridin, lots of good trails and some open areas to play. Do you have many friends to go up with. What kind of sled you ridin? Im sure if you haven't rode much at your age you will pick it up fast, and be out ridin most older wise arses.

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
Geez guys, take it easy on the kid. I bet you were 18 at one time, or did you skip that part?
At least he's interested, we need every person we can get to band together for the good of this sport.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
looks likes hes in kent if you read instead of being a smart arse. the young man was just asking a ?

Well if you were on time you would have noticed his location wasn't up or I wouldn't have asked. Yes he asked a question and you didn't like the answer so you give bad rep for it. Does that make you feel better? Sheesh.

Last edited:
N
Nov 27, 2007
Kapowsin, WA
Welcome aboard!
There are plenty of good areas close to you in Kent. Just make sure you don't go alone. If you don't have anybody to ride with, you can find riding partners here or get involved with a local snowmobile club.

Do you have a truck/trailer? If you don't hook up with anybody send me a pm.

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
sarcasism..Well that's one the you can't see by looking at a screen. I'm getting my sons into it also. I'm right down the road from ya. So if you wanna ride shoot me a pm. Yes we are close to a lot of riding. Usually by mid week peeps will post who's riding and where or place specific. Just chime in and odds are if you need a lift it's usually not a prob.

R
Sep 24, 2010
New to this sport, and i dont know where to go. so any beginner places that i can go to sled would be great. also i need to get a feel for my new sled. so any open places would be great.
thx. -ty

Ty, The Sno-Jammers will be putting together some rookie rides in greenwater. Our club meetings are the first wednesday of the month in Puyallup at the Round Table pizza up on South Hill. You can also find us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/groups/252005015961/

I might be able to take you up Saturday next weekend and show you around Greenwater. As has been mentioned before: The "Matterhorn" can get icy, so be prepared and carry chains.

Rick http://snojammers.org/

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Welcome to sledding.

You see we have some that like to banter. I am in Kent and actually get a kick out of taking new people out and helping them. Been on sleds for 40 years. Stampede gets you to some open easy areas quicker and safer thatn Greenwater. gold creek offers more challenging terrain, but Stampede can provide more than enough for new riders.

Most of us like to know what you ride, any experience you have, sleds, motorcycles.....

Keep watching this section during winter. Several rides get posted here with details.

Weekends or weekday/weeknights? I am going on a engine break in ride tomorrow afternoon, not sure if Kachees/Gold Creek or Greenwater.

T
Nov 27, 2011
kent, wa
for everybody,

i ride a 05 modded skidoo summit. 151 track. ive rode it three times and let me tell you this thing is fast or how i like to say it. it rips. ha

Premium Features