• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker fuel controller

A
Apr 1, 2009
Im heading out west in February. I got all the clutching components that are needed for the elevation. First Q. i live in michigan and will be in winter park. All the adjustments will be made in michigan with my service managers help. What if i get out their n its bogging hard or something aint right cause the re-clutching, re-maping ect. I dont have enough knowledge to do myself would dealers out their be able to help with that stuff at reasonable cost. Just worried getting all the way out their and stuck with a cat that runs like a dog. Second Q. as far as the fuel controller. all thats needed is a new fuel map? how can i find which one is best for where im going and is it as simple as pushing a few buttons on the controller.Is it kinda trial and error. Ive read the manual a few times and i feel like im almost reading another language.

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
The first question I have for you is what modifiactions do you have one the sled? If you do not have any you do not need a BD box. If you do, there are a ton of smart people on here that will be able to help. Just give us a little more info and see what info you get.

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
Well if u call the dealer out in island park they will tell u every thing u need to know. Same is true about the Boondocker Box, the techs at the dealership know everything u need to know about riding out there.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
If he's in WP, that's WAY higher than island park ID, not sure what you mean by that?

As for the BD box, I'd call Alpine motorsports here in Kremmling, I don't think Erik charges much for a good map, THAT is the only set of numbers I'd trust. Make sure Erik knows where you're riding, he's got different maps for Rabbit Ears & the higher places like where I ride & over at WP.

If you're up for a beating (I ALWAYS go looking for one when I ride:becky:) shoot me a PM when you come out. I live right at the base of the pass opposite WP & ride over there a lot. I talk smack about the BD box a lot, but I'm very comfortable helping out with mapping if you need some fine tuning.

Always happy to have fun people to ride with & I know the area very well.

M

miko

Nov 28, 2007
So. Dak.
No need for a Boondocker in my opinion. If you had an intake or porting I would be worried but with just exhaust you should be fine.

my .02

Last edited:

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
sell the Boonie box and get a PC5

I sold my boonie box last year for $250 and bought a new pc5 on ebay for $290 and downloaded SLP's mapping a little rich across the board or get a map from Racin station $50 and then you don't have to worry about it.

T

troyburt

Mar 29, 2010
Newfoundland
you really need a control box. like it was said before there are a lot of people on here to point you in the right direction. but your going to need to change your clutching for sure and give racinstation a PM on here and from what i heard he will get you very very close if not smack on with your tune's. other then that have fun!

Premium Features