• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

???FTX Drop N Roll and Tunnel Dump Exhaust???

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
Kinzer did it

it was a tight fit, but the tunnel dump will still work with the D&R, had to trim a little bit off of the chain case, by the mounting hole in the last pic and oval the down pipe end a little. still have to make the close off bracket for the footwell to make sure all the exhaust goes through the tunnel
100_3960.jpg

100_3959.jpg

100_3958.jpg

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
If you are running the new style BD tunnel dump muffler I don't think it will work. You can see how tight it is with his older style, with the new style mine is almost hitting right now stock.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
If you are running the new style BD tunnel dump muffler I don't think it will work. You can see how tight it is with his older style, with the new style mine is almost hitting right now stock.

Do you have any idea when they started using the new design muffler?

T

theshadowrider

Jan 27, 2010
Do you have any idea when they started using the new design muffler?
I am not sure. I bought my BD turbo kit from Justin at Code Red spring of 2010. When asking questions about the kit with the muffler, he said they had been out "for awhile." This lead me to believe 2009 is when they started to run the muffler on the tunnel dump instead of the straight tunnel dump. So from what I have read if you have the straight tunnel dump without the muffler and you do the ftx drop and roll you just have to slightly bend in the pipe to get it to clear. I was going to do the Holz drop kit because it does no roll, but they discontinued making it. Now I am trying to decided if its worth putting the CE 2.5 without a drop and roll since I have the BD muffler.

Last edited:
J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
bd mufflers were an option in the 09-10 season and became standard in the 10-11 season. BD no longer offers the straight pipe, but if you get the flange any muffler shop can make one. with a little extra bend at the end as stated above, and the chain case housing trimmed like mine i dont see any reason why it wouldnt work with the BD muffler

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I am not sure. I bought my BD turbo kit from Justin at Code Red spring of 2010. When asking questions about the kit with the muffler, he said they had been out "for awhile." This lead me to believe 2009 is when they started to run the muffler on the tunnel dump instead of the straight tunnel dump. So from what I have read if you have the straight tunnel dump without the muffler and you do the ftx drop and roll you just have to slightly bend in the pipe to get it to clear. I was going to do the Holz drop kit because it does no roll, but they discontinued making it. Now I am trying to decided if its worth putting the CE 2.5 without a drop and roll since I have the BD muffler.

to answer your question about a camo extreme w/o a drop and roll, it is worth it. I have one on my stock dragon and will be putting one on my turbo dragon this summer

A

AndyL

Dec 4, 2009
Longview, WA
So only the straight pipes work with the ftx drop and roll? I have an older muffler style that boondocker says its 'old' and was wondering if that too wont work. I want to roll it down to the belly pan next to the chaincase housing, Im just afraid it might be to loud....

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
What can I do to close up the hole some to make the d&r work? Should I weld a plate in the spot where I need to mount that part of chaincase? Anybody done this? I am goind to do it, will see how it turns out

Premium Features