• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Krazy Canadian Ladies' Invitational

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
Hello Ladies!
The Krazy Canadian is featuring a womens' segment in the film this year.
We're hosting an open invitational for any ladies that would like to come out and show your stuff on the weekend of the 16th - 17th of April.
The area we'll be filming in has chutes of varying difficulty, drops, jumps, and epic scenery. Come out and ride, watch the show, and enjoy a weekend with a bunch of ripping ladies!!! It's going to be a blast!!!
PM me for details on accomodations, and directions to filming location.
Amy
:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

M

Marmot

Apr 8, 2009
Very Cool!!! :face-icon-small-hap Like Sarah I also look forward to seeing the picts/vid!!! It would be an absolute hoot, I've got plans for that particular weekend, dern. :face-icon-small-fro

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
marmo... you SUUUUREEEE you can't reschedule???

shannon... if you get your butt all the way up here I will offer you a place to crash on your way through spokane!!! AND I might just try to make it up for a day... if I can do it it will be a SUPER quick trip for me just to show support and say hi to all you lovely ladies on the hill. I'm slammed busy but i do have a riding buddy who would go up there with me for just the day so i MIGHT be able to swing it... Don't want to get my hopes up yet though so we'll see...

R

rmk_racer

Nov 26, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Yikes! I think that's a little far out of my travel range!

Thanks for the offer Emilie! Would be cool if we could have some kind of get-together in Utah or Wyoming....

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
Overall it was a great weekend. Saturday was socked in really bad so not much exciting happened as you just couldn't see. Sunday was a different story, had blue skies on and off through out the day, and there should be some great photos coming. The highlight of the weekend for me was watching Megan MacDougall pull a nice chute, she did it in great style. Ans the pic's will start surfacing shortly.

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
What an amazing weekend with a bunch of super cool sledding chicks!!!

On Friday I heard Megan was in town and we pulled a super sneaky trip in to the Valley of the Chutes. The sun was shining and the snow was DEEP!!!

Megan MacDougall pulled off fresh tracks in a gnarly chute after the Krazy Canadian turned out 1/3 of the way up and told her she wouldn't make it out. It was about 1,000 vertical feet from top to bottom.

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

IMG_8958.jpg

I was the fourth sled out after finally getting the courage to try it, and decided there was good enough traction at the bottom. I had pretty good speed at about 3/4 throttle, then rounded the corner to the last leg of the chute and saw a wall where one of the turbo Nytros had turned out and four deep trenches. I walked on the throttle and launched out the top. I landed about 45 feet from the mouth of the chute in a treewell. I think Tam and Steve might have a picture of that.

IMG_1472.jpg

Saturday we rode Bald Face, a local cat skiing operation. It was pretty socked in. We had a couple of small breaks where the sun came out, and we made the best of the sun and didn't leave a strip of fresh snow as far as I could tell.

Sunday it was back into the Valley of the Chutes. The sun was out and the riding was EPIC!!!! Megan got another chute claimed for the ladies. We called it "Two Times" because of Megan's double ascent.

IMG_1530.jpg

We all had a blast and got sunburns and perma-grins to prove it! :d

Tamara
IMG_9224.jpg

Trish
IMG_9193.jpg

Delia
IMG_9151.jpg

Rhonda
IMG_9144.jpg

Trish, Rhonda, and Delia
IMG_9156.jpg

If you ladies have any pics from the weekend, please feel free to post them up :)

hypnotoad

Lifetime Membership
Mar 21, 2009
Some of the few pics i took this weekend that actually turned out

Megan
IMG_0960.jpg

Megan heading into her wall
IMG_0961.jpg

The wall afterwards
IMG_0962.jpg

Megan
IMG_0963.jpg

That was differently the highlight of the whole weekend for me, you rock Megan

Last edited:
T

~TriplePink~

Mar 24, 2009
The wall afterwards
IMG_0962.jpg

Megan
IMG_0963.jpg

That was differently the highlight of the whole weekend for me, you rock Megan[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks!! Thats must be my " how the heck did I pull that one off!!" expression:face-icon-small-sho Had a great weekend, meet so many awesome people..saw people rip it up.. thats what its all about!! Thanks to Amy and Justin for putting it all together and showing us "boulder bashers" a new area haha :face-icon-small-ton

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sorry to butt in.....that is awesome. How DID she make it over that wall?

Vids?

Premium Features