• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

little input needed

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
I picked up a pro 163 with a whopppin 95 miles on it Friday, took it up to the range saturday to play in the 2 feet plus of fresh. The sled ran great felt it bog when the intake would pack with too much snow, but really no complaints here, until the end of the day when the sled lost its bottom end power and was vibrating bad until it got up around 5000 + rpm then it seamed normal. The sled idles normal and is easy to start, but as throttle is applied it starts shaking like its running on one cylinder.
Before I take it to the dealer, anyone here got any ideas as to what it may be? I’m thinking power valve is stuck open....maybe.

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
Sounds like it might be only running on one cylinder as you stated. Check plugs and see if one is fouled. Power values as stated is also likely if stuck open. Plug wire or bad cap would also produce these symptoms. Sounds like you’re on the right track to me. Good luck.

R

RZRNUT

Feb 8, 2009
mine had a broken secondary spring had no power down low but ran good on the top end

tinkerjohnson

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2008
Southern utah
pro problem

your issue kinda sounds like you have a burned spot on your belt take your belt off and look at it really close and see if it has a bad spot where someone has burned it, this will cause a bad vibration at low speed if you cant see anything try a new belt and see if that fixes the problem

Cardiac Kid

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2001
your issue kinda sounds like you have a burned spot on your belt take your belt off and look at it really close and see if it has a bad spot where someone has burned it, this will cause a bad vibration at low speed if you cant see anything try a new belt and see if that fixes the problem

Good call on this one. Help a guy the other day with the same thing on a 900 and it was a belt. I forgot about that.

Premium Features