• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High winds, icy ridges and a faceplant... still better than work -Pics

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
DSC_7359.jpg

After a long warm spell of sunshine and temps in the 50s around here, Mother Nature was visited by Aunt Floe this week. And it is nasty out there. The drive from Idaho Falls to Star Valley was held to 35mph (not by the weather... by some idiot in a Subaru). But smoked him in a corner dropping into Conant Valley. The roads were brilliant white with a nice polish on them, and the cross winds were hitting 50mph (I'm just guessing, maybe it was only 12mph). It was one of those days were you almost wonder if riding is going to be worth the trip. Just kidding. Those days don't exist.

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
The southwest faces of the high slopes are covered in a thick layer of ice. We had rolled sleds, stuck sleds, spin-outs and tree-well bombs. And that was just me.

But all the snow that fell in Idaho yesterday blew across the state and settled on the leeward side of this ridge. It was deeeeep.

DSC_7386.jpg

Jared
DSC_7398.jpg

fourthmeal

Administrator
Sep 11, 2008
Idaho
www.snowest.com
A hole like this has a story behind it, and Kincaid is a master story teller. This one involved a sunken sled, swimming, a miraculous save, a fishing float tube, helicopter and a ultimately these pants getting too close to a very large fire. (No, he wasn't the one who sunk... just the one who fished the sled back out.)

DSC_7571.jpg

mcride

SnoWest Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
The southwest faces of the high slopes are covered in a thick layer of ice. We had rolled sleds, stuck sleds, spin-outs and tree-well bombs. And that was just me.

But all the snow that fell in Idaho yesterday blew across the state and settled on the leeward side of this ridge. It was deeeeep.

DSC_7386.jpg

Jared
DSC_7398.jpg

That is the best looking wrap! Great shots. Wish it would have been sunny.

Premium Features