• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

stator bad... what do i do ????????

K
Jan 3, 2011
i have a 06 rmk 900 it only has 1150 miles on it . i had it pluged in and found out i had a faulty stator in 4 codes.. so.. dose any one know if thats a common thing with these 900s?? i dont realy want to spend 750 on a new one .. would a rebult one work ?? has any one had this problem?? do i have to pull the motor to get at the stator?? :face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-blu

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
yes, it's common. There are people who will rebuild them.

Have you ever taken your pullstart handle off? If you have and you left the two bottom allens out you should be able to get to the stator without pulling the engine. If you haven't you can maybe still get your pullstart off and get to the flywheel and stator in the chassis.

I don't know the name of the companies rebuilding them but I am sure some of the other guys on here know and will post that info for you.

P
Feb 22, 2009
I hace an 05 900, my sled would run for 40 minutes and when it got hot it would shut down and not run till it cooled off, ended up being the stator

as z man stated, you will have to pull the recoil housing off, not too bad to do and then just a pulled to take the flywheel off then pull out the stator

I sent mine to RM stator in quebec, they were great to deal with , fast turn around time and even came with a warranty, (think only one year but still) I would recommend using them as well

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
When you do get your new stator put on, be sure to put some heat tape or some kind of tape over the hole in the top of the pull start to keep antifreeze and other debris out of there.

K
Jan 3, 2011
thanks guys .. i think i am going to repare it .. one other question .. my sled started to vibrate a little when i was out in the big horns last week .. is there a way i can prevent it from vibrateing ????:face-icon-small-con

F

f15ejedi

Oct 6, 2008
Anchorage Alaska
thanks guys .. i think i am going to repare it .. one other question .. my sled started to vibrate a little when i was out in the big horns last week .. is there a way i can prevent it from vibrateing ????:face-icon-small-con

Get your clutch balanced by Indydan.

Premium Features