• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moving to Colorado

J

jpstrr

Mar 14, 2009
Midwest
Hey everyone, I am planning on moving to Colorado/ Denver area, I was curious if anyone had any good suggestions on a nice area, I used to Live near the Fort Collins area, so i know that pretty good, any suggestions would be a big help.

thanks

P

P Money

Nov 29, 2010
Denver, CO.
Yo, welcome (when you get here...)
we live up it the Reunion neighborhood by the airport and like it alot, its quit, not alot of traffic and is affordable. Definetly more country side living with a neighborhood in the middle, ammenities are nice- pool, big gym, b ball court- all included in HOA fees which are VERY low compared to other neighborhoods, about 18$ a month!! Town homes start at like 150k I think and houses start around 200k all the way up to like 1 mil customs all in one neighborhodd! Great for property value. Another popular area is SE Aurora near Southlands mall, Parker area is nice, and a few others down south. There are other places up north to the west of me, 104th and tower is where reunion is, towards I25 all the way up to E470, it all depends on what you are looking for!! Only thing bad around here is East of downtown near Colfax that I know of, and just to the north and northeast of downtown and SOUTh commerce city... technically Reunion is commerce city but there is like 8 miles of wildlife reserve between us and it it VERY safe up here!! Let me know if you need any help with anything!! Except moving your heavy ****e! Jk
P

It kinda depends on where you'll be working. Denver traffic can be a pain, and the less time you have to spend driving to work in it, the easier it is to maintain your sanity.

If you don't have to work like the rest of us, then the further West of town you can be, the better, especially if you plan on snowmobiling (which I'm assuming you will be because you're on this site) or skiing a lot. The more miles you can shave-off your trip to the mountains, the more time you have to ride you sled, board, skis, whatever.

J

jpstrr

Mar 14, 2009
Midwest
Thanks, My work commute is just to the airport since I work in Charlotte, NC soI would only have to head to the airport 0nce or twice every two weeks or so, Leave more time for riding.

Heck, if you only have to commute three or four times a month, why don't you go futher West to Evergreen, or even Silverthorne or Winter Park? It won't be too much more expensive for rent and if you ride quite a bit, you'll save the difference on gas/miles on your truck.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I hear Empire is awesome!

honestly, if I only had to drive to work a couple times a month, I'd live as far west as you can tolerate, to get away from the city traffic. If you can get west of Scummit county... there's great riding & a lot less people every weekend.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Only having to commute a couple times a week, I'd live up here in Fort Collins......closer to Snowy Range/Rabbit Ears, not too much further for Vail Pass/Winter Park, and we don't have the traffic Denver does, as you well know having lived here before. Houses can be had for much cheaper than Denver, especially if you look in Loveland. Need mortgage help, PM me. :)

W
Dec 16, 2009
I lived in Lakewood. It's a great central location. Easy access to the mtns, close but far enough from Denver and every possible store you would ever need. My neighborhood was a little WT for my liking.

I now live in Littleton. It's 15 minutes further to the mtns which kind of sucks but I live in a nicer area.

I think having a place in the mtns would be nice but I couldn't live there. I'm more of a city guy.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I hear Empire is awesome!

honestly, if I only had to drive to work a couple times a month, I'd live as far west as you can tolerate, to get away from the city traffic. If you can get west of Scummit county... there's great riding & a lot less people every weekend.

This is very true, Im in Breck and its a cluster **** most of the time.

Premium Features