• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets see your boosted yamaha

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Mountaintech turbo

Here is my turbo Nytro. Custom build with exception of the Powderlites intercooler.

000_0004.jpg 000_0001.jpg 000_0003.jpg 000_0002.jpg 100_4010.jpg

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Nice sleds guys! Nothing like boosted Yamaha's.I sold mine and went m8 biggest mistake ever.thank god sledfvr has two turbo Yamaha's and lets me ride one when its deep days.lol Now that's a true friend!

That's a real testament for Yamaha right there. Relentless would rather ride a 2003 Rx-1 than his 2012 800. After 10 years that old sled is still the king of the hills around here.
YYYYYAAAAAMMMMMAAAAHHHHAAAAA BABY!:rockon:

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Here is my turbo Nytro. Custom build with exception of the Powderlites intercooler.

Thats a great place to dump the turbo oil return. I use to dump my Apex there when it was a midmount. It dumps into the head as a front mount now but I'm going to move it back in the side with a braided hose similar to yours. Do you mind me asking where you got yours?

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Thats a great place to dump the turbo oil return. I use to dump my Apex there when it was a midmount. It dumps into the head as a front mount now but I'm going to move it back in the side with a braided hose similar to yours. Do you mind me asking where you got yours?

Duke, Built everything myself with the exception of the intercooler. Oil return was a concern for me, but it has worked flawlessly. Took the time to route it properly and used -10 hose. PM me if you have any other questions.

R

ROBERTSONYAMAHA

Oct 28, 2010
Swift Current,SK
What sled do you like better apex or nytro? how is power steering?

I honestly like the Apex with EPS better than the Nytro. Everyonebwho rides it is amazed how awesome it handles and feels 100lbs lighter in the mountains. Mr. Swenson has one as well and loves it, I think me and him have the Only stretched mountain apexs with EPS built. I know everyone is gonna say I'm crazy and we don't need EPS, but trust me if for 2014 Yamaha can put. 4 cylinder in a Nytro-like chassis with the a-arms pushed ahead and EPS. That sled will be an awesome sled. - Cody

Last edited:

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I honestly like the Apex with EPS better than the Nytro. Everyonebwho rides it is amazed how awesome it handles and feels 100lbs lighter in the mountains. Mr. Swenson has one as well and loves it, I think me and him have the Only stretched mountain apexs with EPS built. I know everyone is gonna say I'm crazy and we don't need EPS, but trust me if for 2014 Yamaha can put. 4 cylinder in a Nytro-like chassis with the a-arms pushed ahead and EPS. That sled will be an awesome sled. - Cody

EPS does for sleds what it did for the ATV industry. :face-icon-small-hap

catssuk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Edgerton Wi.
heres how it looked when i bought it from brad story..oh ya boost is turned down to 14 psi.on pump gas.its about 310hp.ive ran it at 18 but it really doesnt need it..its crazy powerfull at 14 he has thing thing dialed in perfect
turboapex004.jpg

turboapex003.jpg

heres how it looks now with it all blacked out
1-1.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited:
D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005

Hey Roest,

Where did you get your oil drain? I'd like to install one like that on my Apex.. thx

adairtd1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 23, 2011
La Grande, Oregon
Thanks to 1-800Oregon my MPI 180 turbo kit got installed last weekend. Looking forward to getting it on the snow and seeing how it runs

8111357859_d085c9bab8_h.jpg

8111359027_d2046a7ef3_h.jpg

Other mods already done are -

Skinz Airframes
Skinz Rear Bumper
Skinz Front Bumper
Roest Skid Plate
Antigravity lightweight battery
Hyperfax sliders
Outlaw motorsports steering post relocate kit
Roll Over Valve/Tether
Mountain Addiction Track Rack

T

turbodyami

Nov 30, 2007
Here are a few pics of the apex

2007 Tapex soon to be a Nypex.

Hopefully I don't regret going from the apex chassis to the nytro style chassis

finished product.jpg finished product 2.jpg finished product 3.jpg finished product 4.jpg finished product 5.jpg finished product 6.jpg

Premium Features