• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509 Lens Change

L
Mar 22, 2009
Valemount, BC
hello, I own a pair of 2008 509 Films skull camo goggles. I trashed my first lens and want to replace it, i have the spare lens but can't figure out how to change them.
Any help would be great.

T
Oct 4, 2008
Try their website 509films.com

I bought a pair a couple of years ago and they sent me a link that showed how to change the lens when I registered them. I thought I still had it, but I don't. Sorry. Try the website and contact them and I'll bet they will send you the info.

reed4rmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Clackamas, OR
Lens should just snap out. When re-installing the lens it is important to start at the nose and get it snapped in nad then work your way from there.

What he said! It's kind of a pain in the a**and you feel like you're going to break something but just keep working at it.

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
I just got my first pair of Sinisters and a replacement polarized lens. I went to 509's website looking for instructions on changing the lens out...nothing. Checked the book that came with the goggles, and nothing. I've seen people say that it's kind of a PITA and so I was wondering if some 509 owners would give me some step by step advice? The last thing I want to do is goof up my brand new lens or break my frames. I've never owned ANY brand goggle with a replacement lens, so I have zero experience doing this.

Thanks in advance for any advice/instruction.

Summit830

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, ID
Good luck! It's a major P.I.T.A...I'd rather change the track out on my XP than try another lens change on the Sinister goggles.

I bought a pair of the polarized lenses for $40+ dollars...they didn't fit worth a chit in my 08' Sinisters (website claims the polarized fits both 08' and 09' models)! Took me at least an hour of pushing, poking, and prodding...ended up breaking the lens at the vent area in the top, trying to get the top of the frame over the lens. The inner lens wouldn't fit the frame of the goggle so I had to trim it down with some lexan scissors. It fits in the frame now but the broken vent area lets in too much wind. You have to start at the nose then work your way around to the top. I would definitely make a few practice runs with your old lens before trying it with the big $$ lens!

I sent an e-mail to "509" to see if I could return the lens and replace it at some sort of discount...anything would have been appreciated. I even asked if I could purchase a new set of goggles with the polarized lens installed. So far I have yet to receive any sort of response...been four weeks now. Great customer service there!!

I will say that the brown polarized lens offers great contrast in any condition...but I'll buy an overpriced pair of Oakley's before I purchase from 509 again.

Cory

diggler

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Kalispell, MT
Good luck! It's a major P.I.T.A...I'd rather change the track out on my XP than try another lens change on the Sinister goggles.

I bought a pair of the polarized lenses for $40+ dollars...they didn't fit worth a chit in my 08' Sinisters (website claims the polarized fits both 08' and 09' models)! Took me at least an hour of pushing, poking, and prodding...ended up breaking the lens at the vent area in the top, trying to get the top of the frame over the lens. The inner lens wouldn't fit the frame of the goggle so I had to trim it down with some lexan scissors. It fits in the frame now but the broken vent area lets in too much wind. You have to start at the nose then work your way around to the top. I would definitely make a few practice runs with your old lens before trying it with the big $$ lens!

I sent an e-mail to "509" to see if I could return the lens and replace it at some sort of discount...anything would have been appreciated. I even asked if I could purchase a new set of goggles with the polarized lens installed. So far I have yet to receive any sort of response...been four weeks now. Great customer service there!!

I will say that the brown polarized lens offers great contrast in any condition...but I'll buy an overpriced pair of Oakley's before I purchase from 509 again.

Cory

contact Tom name on here is 03rmking or phone is 1-877-RIDE-509

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Thanks for the video Crowne. Great stuff. There's no wrong way to install the lens. I personally choose to align the lens in the groove, snap the top into place and then the bottom. I will make a video showing this method soon.

We'll warranty a cracked lens, 1-877-743-3509

J
Nov 6, 2009
Allendale, Mi
I made a video on youtube, on how to replace the lens on the 2009 Sinister snow goggle with the nose piece, hope it helps you out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6iBt_LNKzg

I did mine just like this video, first year wearing the 509's and plan to swap out the chrome/yellow for clear/clear at the end of the day. I did it a few times at the table and it's pretty easy 2 minutes maybe... Not sure I will try it on the snow yet but maybe when we stop for food or gas late in the afternoon. Just make sure all three slots on the nose piece and fully in place (should not be able to see them when you're done)

Premium Features