• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pulled a clicker out, bad idea?

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
I was just adjusting my clickers on my 99 670x and i pulled one all the way out and i think i heard something fall inside, not sure what it could have been... Any ideas? Im a bit worried...

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
You should be fine!! I have broke those stupid little clickers off a few times!!:mad:
Cost me $40 each time!! Any way i still rode the whole way home and just put the new bolt in!!
if you look in those little hole's that are above each one you will be able to see what dropped!! Just tip the sled on its side(so the clutches are up) and slide the clicker in!( as you know those bolts are......... cant find the words. OK fatter on one side! Make sure when you put it in that you put it as far away from the engine as you can\\:cool:So that the bigger part of the bolt is up!( because what ever is in there its going to sit on the top of the bolt!!!!)

Hope this helps!!

Justin:cool:

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
I got it fixed. What happened was... When i pulled the clicker out to adjust them (first time touching them) apparently there is a washer inside that the bolt goes threw, so when you pull it all the way out the washer falls out. So i had to open 'er up, the primary clutch bolt was NOT tight at all, i was very surprised actually. Got that off, couldnt get the whole clutch out cuz it was hitting the inside of the bellypan, SO, i pulled the govanor out of the shaft and took the three thingys out (things that have a spring between them and ride in a little shaft thingy, haha). Pulled it apart (cleaned it out while i was at it), put the washer BACK in where it belongs, put the (thingys) back together, installed the govanor back in the shaft, bolted it up, fired it up and all seems perfect. Lifted the track and did a couple throttle blips and its working how it should. SOOO, next time i will NOT pull the damn clickers all the way out and drop a washer in the clutch... (Gasp). Turned a 5min job into a good 1.5 hour job or more (never touched the clutches before, but hands on is the best learning experience.)

Last edited:
T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
ic!! Glad to hear you got it fixed!! I wonder if they changed the clutches over the years!! When it happened to me it was on a 96 summit!

Any way!!

:D:D

Premium Features