• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Interchangable cans for the 99 summit 670 x?

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
Are there any cans that will fit the 99 summit x 670? Like one from a 99 mxz 670 H.O.? MBRP has a can i want but its only the standard, as apose to the trail or performance. I want the performance and its available for the 99 mxz sooo. Thanks!

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
I ran a 1999 summit 670x threw the parts fiche and the stock can interchanges exactly with

1999 summit 670x
1999 mx z 670 HO
1999 mx z 670 HO T.H. ( not sure what the th is for )

So to answer your question: Yes the 1999 mx z 670 ho can should fit your sled fine. I would wonder why they do not offer the other model unless the sound levels are not the same.

teeroy

Lifetime Membership
I ran a 1999 summit 670x threw the parts fiche and the stock can interchanges exactly with

1999 summit 670x
1999 mx z 670 HO

So to answer your question: Yes the 1999 mx z 670 ho can should fit your sled fine. I would wonder why they do not offer the other model unless the sound levels are not the same.
T.H. is the Toni Haikonen Edition MXZ 670 HO

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area

1999 summit 670x
1999 mx z 670 HO

Nice, I may have to throw down the $250 pretty soon and get the "performance" can for the mxz 670 (my summit). THANKS! And the sound levels ARE different between the 3, heres the cut-paste off the site...

MBRP Stainless Steel Exhaust Silencers
Three choices of silencers to fit your riding experience!

Trail
6" can (body)

*The lowest in weight loss and performance, but provides increase of machine performance with minimal noise volume

Standard
5" can (body)

*Medium weight loss and performance while providing increase of performance over the "Trail" with a noticeable increase in noise volume over stock silencer
*Additional weight is saved by less packing inside the can, increasing noise output
*Heat dissipates faster allowing the machine to run cooler

Performance
4" can (body)

*Highest increase in horsepower and greatest weight loss of the three, while giving definite performance increase over the "Standard"
*Less packing inside can allows for additional weight loss but noticeable noise increase and allows the heat to dissipate even faster

Last edited:
J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
So, your getting the trail model right ... poke, poke, jab, jab.

Is that 1/2 HP worth loosing your hearing ( or riding area )

Years of 2-stroke race bikes, and chainsaws left me at only 29 with the highfrequency hearing lose so think about it now, 7,000-8,000 rpms at 100db even with a helmet all day will effect. I can hear but I have to watch your lips if there is any background noise, the worst is not hearing my kids.

Just think about it, there is no positive that out weights the negitives of a loud sled.

Last edited:
E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
So, your getting the trail model right ... poke, poke, jab, jab.

Is that 1/2 HP worth loosing your hearing ( or riding area )

Years of 2-stroke race bikes, and chainsaws left me at only 29 with the highfrequency hearing lose so think about it now, 7,000-8,000 rpms at 100db even with a helmet all day will effect. I can hear but I have to watch your lips if there is any background noise, the worst is not hearing my kids.

Just think about it, there is no positive that out weights the negitives of a loud sled.

Ive heard it before, and lots on youtube, its definately thoaty'er and has a different tone but its not like having pipes or anything... I appreciate the concern though. :rolleyes:

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
Glad you guys found this stuff , I looked all over and asked about it and only seem to find cans for the 97 or Non, HO and X motor,

I would go for the trail can, They sounded cool on the ones I heard on youtube.

I hope the dynoport on my 700 triple won`t be to loud. sounds cool in the shop, have to wait till it hits the hills.

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Next time you have a part you want to cross reference, go look up the part for your sled on one of the many online parts fiches. Copy the part number then step back to the begining of the parts fiche menu and on the right there are some search bars, use the "brand" and "part number" spaces, so you select skidoo and paste the part number in there. It will display the results for every sled that uses that part number exactly.

Sometimes this does not work the first try, there are cases were two years will use nearly the same part and they will have differant part numbers so check all years of your sled model that you know will interchange.

Premium Features