• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m1000 mid to top end loss of power

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
Adjusted the power valves yesterday and ran amazing then gradually got worse and is almost as bad as before. Sled has full speedwerks head and exhaust also a power commander.

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2010
i have had this happen 3 times 1st found out that it don't like 91 oct fuel at lower alt. in iowa. ran fine on 87oct. 2nd time we put a controller, pipe and can on did the same thing even at alt they kept saying to check the power valves they were fine tried to reprogram controller didn't help we took the programer and pipe off left the can and it ran fine. sent in the pipe and they changed controller again put it on ran like s--t and burnt the piston! rebuilt the top end took everything off but the can and it's still running great.3rd time a piece inside the can came loose it acted the same way put a new can on it ran fine. if i was you i would take all that stuff off and put stock stuff back on and see if it will run if it does try a can see what happens. i have never messed with the head but i would put the stock one also just to make sure everything is stock to see if it will run. i know its going to be a pain to do this but it worked for me. that m1000 can be a pain when you start messing with it i found out. my bet is its in the pipe and controller, good luck hope you don't burn a piston like i did. also check your compression first to make sure you have not burnt a piston yet.

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Couple questions, how are the motor mounts? and have you ever rebuilt the secondary, I have a 09 m1000 with full slp pipe set up with stock head PC3, I had issues where I would lose RPM, first was the motor mounts in the mounting plate next to PTO, the second (which took 2 season to figure out) from a worn out secondary clutch. R's will jump to 74 to 7500 then back off to 7000, something to consider, my sled has 2400 miles.

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
This one has 1800 miles on it. I've been working on it for a friend who just bought it and it came with all of the stuff on it. I am new to cats but have learned a lot being we've already pulled the motor out to replace the water pump and get the case resealed. I went through the primary cleaned and check things out and things seem to be OK but what is common on the secondaries ? I adjusted the power valves two days ago and it ran amazing being it would barely run before that and had no power then the next day it was the same case. And today it ran awesome????

Premium Features