For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Arctic Cat: M Series 2005-Current, all models in the M-series chassis

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2015, 01:34 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
AKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant future
Default Cam Arm - swing freely or ?

After 7,600 miles my primary clutch finally gave it up so I bought a new one today. My question is how tight should the cam arms be? I recall reading that they should be adjusted so they just barely move freely, which is how I adjusted them. I sure don't want to bugger up my new clutch. Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-31-2015, 07:58 AM
Coldfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond reputeColdfinger has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I do on my 2010 M8. On mine, even when the nuts are not tightened there is a little friction caused by the rubber o-rings.

What year/model sled? That is incredible mileage out of a primary if you've not done anything to it. Is it a stock primary?

Old 12-31-2015, 08:50 AM
Currently: Working on 2018 Proclimb mods
Thanked 2,607 Times in 1,399 Posts
RACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond reputeRACINSTATION has a reputation beyond repute

I like to set the so that the weight will drop on its own gravitational force when you lift it up. Tighten the nut first so it sucks the pin against the o rings and the back it off a touch.

The Racin Station

60 South 1st Street Driggs, Idaho 83422
Ph: 208-354-2777 E-Mail: racinstation@hotmail.com

The Racin Station is your TURBO MOD HEADQUARTERS
for Arctic Cat Proclimb 8000/1100 and Yamaha Vipers and Sidewinders!

TIMBERSLED FULL LINE DEALER!!!
Proclimb Carbon Fiber Vents
Your MDS weight headquarters
Team ProClimb secondary complete setups ready!
Reman M6,M7,M8 and M1000 cylinders in stock.

Jaws M8 Singles for the 2012-2017 in stock!
Jacobsen Rollover valves in stock for M1100Turbo and Viper/M7000!!
Camoplast 3" and 3.2" 174, 162 and 156 x15 tracks on hand now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RACINSTATION For This Useful Post:
AKGUY (12-31-2015), Sledbrain2 (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 08:53 AM
Basic Member
Sledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond reputeSledbrain2 has a reputation beyond repute

I ask this question before and never really gotten an answer. What I do is use a torque wrench and torque them to 12lbs, I then check them all to see if they all have the same resistance, usually there is one I need to re-torque to 11lbs so they all have the same swing tension while moving them back and forth.

Old 12-31-2015, 09:27 AM
Currently: Enjoying the cool summer
Polarisrocks has a reputation beyond reputePolarisrocks has a reputation beyond reputePolarisrocks has a reputation beyond reputePolarisrocks has a reputation beyond reputePolarisrocks has a reputation beyond reputePolarisrocks has a reputation beyond reputePolarisrocks has a reputation beyond reputePolarisrocks has a reputation beyond reputePolarisrocks has a reputation beyond reputePolarisrocks has a reputation beyond reputePolarisrocks has a reputation beyond repute

I like the weight to swing free, so I trim one side of the orings 10 thou, or just a small slice off.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:23 AM
Basic Member
AKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant futureAKGUY has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACINSTATION View Post
I like to set the so that the weight will drop on its own gravitational force when you lift it up. Tighten the nut first so it sucks the pin against the o rings and the back it off a touch.

That's how I did it - thanks.

Yes, the primary was the original and I got 7,600 miles out of it. I replaced the pins and cams at 7k. It appears that a bad roller egged out one of the new cams and it wouldn't back shift yesterday. I blow it out with compressed air fairly frequently. I suspect the reason that I got so many miles out of it is because most of those miles are from running a trapline which is basically trail riding. The engine has never been touched either and the compression is within 7 psi per cylinder. It's been a great machine. I rebuilt the secondary clutch last spring.

Old 12-31-2015, 05:34 PM
Currently: '14 m8 SP 153-hyvos, dmnd-s, anti-stb,
Vern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I also do like racinstation, but when I loosen them I will also make sure I dont loosen them enough to have side to side play.

and once again you musta got a good one, sold my last M with 4600mi and it was on its third primary due to cracked spiders. Engine was all original and still ran flawless.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Currently: waiting on more snow!
fast8seccamaro has a reputation beyond reputefast8seccamaro has a reputation beyond reputefast8seccamaro has a reputation beyond reputefast8seccamaro has a reputation beyond reputefast8seccamaro has a reputation beyond reputefast8seccamaro has a reputation beyond reputefast8seccamaro has a reputation beyond reputefast8seccamaro has a reputation beyond reputefast8seccamaro has a reputation beyond reputefast8seccamaro has a reputation beyond reputefast8seccamaro has a reputation beyond repute

get ahold of 911 products. They have a new 0-rings for the weights that are built like their glide washers, absolutly no resistance and the weight fall 100% freely!

Old 01-01-2016, 08:45 PM
Currently: one ski and a KTM
CATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond reputeCATSLEDMAN1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default don't figure

when you do the math on force generated by a cat clutch weight at 7850 rpm you will see that the possible resistance created by side force on a rubber o ring amounts to less than .002% of the overall forces in effect.... meaning the amount of juice stored in your smart phone in the pocket of your new KLIM duds will have a greater affect on how your cat shifts..........ditto for the other 87 brands of sleds that have been on the market over the years.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No