• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Centered Skis?

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
I used the polaris bushings and they fit perfect. 2.49 apiece and .43 cents for the grease zert. Simple install and less than 10.50 for parts.
Just keep them greased and never worry about rusting together.

Did you add in your cost for the drill bit, tap, and the labor to put the 2 zerks in? (Not everyone carries a full line of taps, drill bits, etc.) Plus you are still using other stock parts that you have not replaced; add that cost in, as well your time to put the grease in on a regular basis, plus the $0.03 of grease every time. If you want to compare apples to apples, offer the whole picture, not just a bite.

S
Jan 29, 2010
Meridian ID
Did you add in your cost for the drill bit, tap, and the labor to put the 2 zerks in? (Not everyone carries a full line of taps, drill bits, etc.) Plus you are still using other stock parts that you have not replaced; add that cost in, as well your time to put the grease in on a regular basis, plus the $0.03 of grease every time. If you want to compare apples to apples, offer the whole picture, not just a bite.

Looks like someones feeling are hurt. :(

I never said your kit was overpriced and I was just offering up what I did. Simple and effective.

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
Looks like someones feeling are hurt. :(

I never said your kit was overpriced and I was just offering up what I did. Simple and effective.

No, not at all. Trying to keep everything on the table. I think it is great that there are options for everything we do. When it has something to do with what we do for a living, and the other option does not show all of the time and effort that goes into it, I will present that information as best I am able. Don't take it personally.:face-icon-small-coo

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
You compare apples, oranges, or moon rocks but $50 is over priced no matter how you look at it, comparing it to OEM pricing isn't helping your cause. Polaris is aluminum last I checked it doesn't rust.

Please read all that is included with our kit. We are not just talking about spacers here soul man. We are talking bushings made out of composite material (4 total) 4 spacers , and 2 anodized ski leg spacers.
Now I need to ask you; Are you buying all of that from Polaris? Or are you buying just the spacers?
Cause if you are buying just the aluminum spacers you are not comparing apples to apples; (moon rocks do not qualify because it would be considered exotic material, and that would be costly!)
That's what we sell in our kit, because that's what we feel you need to fix the bushing related wear that happens on the front of the Ski Doo.

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Please read all that is included with our kit. We are not just talking about spacers here soul man. We are talking bushings made out of composite material (4 total) 4 spacers , and 2 anodized ski leg spacers.
Now I need to ask you; Are you buying all of that from Polaris? Or are you buying just the spacers?
Cause if you are buying just the aluminum spacers you are not comparing apples to apples; (moon rocks do not qualify because it would be considered exotic material, and that would be costly!)
That's what we sell in our kit, because that's what we feel you need to fix the bushing related wear that happens on the front of the Ski Doo.

Yep, if you buy all 4 bushings, the 2 axles and spacers from Doo, you will be out more than $39.95. Not to mention Tom will ship to to your door, many guys drive hours to dealers. Check the price on those 4 spindle bushings from Polaris, I think you will be in for a shock. Makes Toms and Doo look cheap!
I run Toms bushings because I get tired of the corrosion that is inevitable and having to take them apart for grease. Nothing wrong with making your own stuff, I used to make everything I could when I had the time to do so.

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
I'm going to buy some spacers from Bparks for both of my sleds tomorrow, he's making them from Moonrocks & fairy dust now, so the price went down from that silly delrin he was using :D

He must have gotten a package deal & free shipping from the space shuttle, cause when I checked into the shipping costs from the moon, I just couldn't justify the "astronomical" cost!:face-icon-small-ton

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
He must have gotten a package deal & free shipping from the space shuttle, cause when I checked into the shipping costs from the moon, I just couldn't justify the "astronomical" cost!:face-icon-small-ton

Tom, you're talking to the wrong logistics guys. Get in touch with me man, the guys I deal with for my sled decks will hook you up!!!:face-icon-small-win

Btw, got my delrin on today from Bparks

got mine centered

1471889_10201180697621598_1661055508_n.jpg

And put my wife's to full narrow, curious to try both back to back & see if there's any significant difference. Either way, getting rid of the metal, and getting the added option is nice.

Last edited:

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
Tom, you're talking to the wrong logistics guys. Get in touch with me man, the guys I deal with for my sled decks will hook you up!!!:face-icon-small-win

Btw, got my delrin on today

got mine centered

1471889_10201180697621598_1661055508_n.jpg

And put my wife's to full narrow, curious to try both back to back & see if there's any significant difference. Either way, getting rid of the metal, and getting the added option is nice.

Are you sure you didn't snort the fairy dust, and the moon rock hit you in the head? Because you state that your parts are made from Delrin. But your earlier post, indicates you are using "that new exotic material". Or is this is that "NEW" delrin that is made on the dark side of the moon?
Either way you will like having the ski runner centered under your ski leg.
Looks like your ski leg bushings are still the stock powdered metal (not the spacers, but the bushings)

Premium Features