• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handlebar preference?

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
I've put 600 miles on my M1100T, and have come to the conclusion that the handlebars simply don't "fit" me. I am 6'2", 240 w/gear on. Have tried a taller riser, not happy with the results. What are you guys using for bars (brand bend, etc)? Thanks for your input.

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
I'm riding stock with the 4" riser on the vert post. 6'4" 240 with out gear. They seem to fit just about right. About the same place as 1 click up on the adjustable post on the pc800.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Currently running a pro taper jeremy woods low... VERY ergonomic for me anyhow. the sweep and rise matches my natural grip very well.

Btw, something I just thought of, take two pencils, put them in your hands, and look at the angles you naturally hold them at. Then put them down on a piece of paper and check the angle they're at off a straight line. You can get an inclinometer on any smart phone for free, use that to figure out the angle... this will tell you what works naturally FOR YOU. Wish I had thought of that 6 sets of DH mtbike & sled bars ago... it took me way too long to find my natural sweep that worked for me!!! :D

Last edited:

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Fatbar with Fabcraft mountain strap. RSI 2" as it has options on both ends for the small and large diameters. I think mine are the 7 back 5 up. With that bar it's a little more than 2" over stock. I had to go to the 3" RSI after the VanAmburg boards as they were higher than stock.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
bar none

since I bought my first M7 in the fall of 04:

I ditched the stock bars, heavy bad ergo's, had to place controls in effective position, too low can't rotate them to give good hand postion / wrist angle

I am running the flat bars off cat race sleds/ firecat with a mountain strap, 5 m sleds later, still have firecat bars with roc riser, correct wrist angle / sweep for all day riding comfort

also way lighter in aluminum on my M5

Premium Features