• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Doo Vented Panels

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Has anyone else purchased these from Doo?

Last year I purchased two sets of them, because of some control issues the first set did not have much of an opportunity to have any of the vents pop out, though the second set has more than made up for it.
In snow when you lay the sled over, either side makes no difference the vents come out and as a result the area behind the vent for some reason fills up with snow, which in my case was the exhaust side. At which time I was presented with a lovely message that indicated I had reached some threshold for the temp sensor in the exhaust can.

I do enjoy the look of the panels, the cost is a little much, and had I known that after installation the sled should no longer be allowed to touch snow, I would have reconsidered.
All that aside has anyone come up with a way to keep the vents in?
I think what would be more effective is some frogskinz type design that would cover them, but I can not seem to locate anything,
Any Suggestions?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
No offense meant by this but it does say right in the description that they are for racing applications only, doesn't say anything about mountain riding. Now what I would do is epoxy the rest of them in so you don't lose any more.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
nice looking panels, but 450 bucks is a bit much. you can buy the vents, but 2 of them are 30 bucks and the panels come with 10 per side. GLUE! Im opting for a home made vent kit

J

jcwatty

Mar 10, 2009
Richland,WA
I've got them on my XP. First time out I lost half the vents, pist me right off! Ordered more for like 19 bucks. I used super glue on the new vents and havent lost one sense.

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
Thanks for the heads up. Just got my panels and glued the vents in. Love the way they look. Hope they hold up.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
nice looking panels, but 450 bucks is a bit much. you can buy the vents, but 2 of them are 30 bucks and the panels come with 10 per side. GLUE! Im opting for a home made vent kit

correction. the clutch side has about 20 of them and the other side has 14 or so. skidoo.com and you get 4 and 2 half combs for 39.95.... they are real proud of the$e $ide panel$ and the honey comb vent$ a$ well:face-icon-small-sho,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,They look nice though..............

Last edited:

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
No offense meant by this but it does say right in the description that they are for racing applications only, doesn't say anything about mountain riding. Now what I would do is epoxy the rest of them in so you don't lose any more.

Are we not all racing? To be the first one to the hill, up the hill? What ever it is most of the time its a race. I do though wonder what type of race they would work in> Must be the one where the sled is in the trailer.

I did not take the time to read the description, just thought they were cool, and looked good.

The superglue is a good idea, any thoughts on the type of glue to use, because of the extreme temp humidity variations and being plastic to boot.

Premium Features