• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Waterproof tunnel bag?

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
didnt realise i was in the ladies section, i was just scrolling through, saw "waterproof tunnel bag ?", have been looking for a similar solution for my sled, read through the posts , did an online search and came across the info i posted above. i wont go near this section again.

No worries, Snowdad!! It's not Ladies only, just a ladies section. ;) Nice, helpful guys are always welcome. :p

Foxy - It's still on my sled, and my sled is on the deck on the truck....and the truck is at the bar with Tedd. :face-icon-small-sho

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
didnt realise i was in the ladies section, i was just scrolling through, saw "waterproof tunnel bag ?", have been looking for a similar solution for my sled, read through the posts , did an online search and came across the info i posted above. i wont go near this section again.

LOL! Sounds like he thought we had cooties. ;)

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Food for thought. The zippers on these Kayak bags seem fragile once they get frozen.... :face-icon-small-dis

Other than that it is a fabulous bag and is working nicely! :face-icon-small-hap

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Food for thought. The zippers on these Kayak bags seem fragile once they get frozen.... :face-icon-small-dis

Other than that it is a fabulous bag and is working nicely! :face-icon-small-hap

Did you break it already !!!!!!!! Spray a lil silicone on em.... the zippers i mean.:face-icon-small-hap

Engine Pro 5x

Premium Member
Sep 20, 2009
KANSAS
I have not taken it swimming but the the factory A/C bag stays dry >>>>.
GrandLake2009056.jpg

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Did you break it already !!!!!!!! Spray a lil silicone on em.... the zippers i mean.:face-icon-small-hap

Thought I did! Zipper was frozen, I opened it and it did not want to zip back up. I ziptied it, bummed, went on about my day. Once it warmed up I got it to zip back up, but the teeth are a bit buggered in one spot. Oh well, just gotta be gentle now! ;)

What will the silicone do??? (do I DARE ask? hehe)

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I noticed the zipper issue a bit too, but mine did close without zip ties. Another thing is that because the opening is on top, if you are riding in deep powder (like we were!!! :face-icon-small-ton ) then you'll get snow in the bag when you do open it. Which obviously created some moisture in there for the rest of the day. So, the next day, I just rearranged what I was carrying in there so as to not have to open it as much.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Thought I did! Zipper was frozen, I opened it and it did not want to zip back up. I ziptied it, bummed, went on about my day. Once it warmed up I got it to zip back up, but the teeth are a bit buggered in one spot. Oh well, just gotta be gentle now! ;)

What will the silicone do??? (do I DARE ask? hehe)

Heehee..well... seeing you asked. It will make things slick and eay to manuver no matter what the conditions. Also keeps water off the zipper and hence keeps ice from forming. Use the right lube and throw "gentle" out the window. :)

W

will

Mar 16, 2008
Calgary
Tunnel bags

I see this bag is mounted tight to the tunnel which makes me ask if anyones experienced any engine over heating issues (cooler lines under tunnel). I've had some over heating issues on my 09 Xp, granted the weather has been unusually warm. I have the factory Skidoo tunnel bag, the large one. I made a one inch diameter tubular frame spacer thingy so that the air could circulate between the bag and tunnel, used it last week and seemed to have worked.

Tks Will

W

will

Mar 16, 2008
Calgary
True but, on warm days when my sled's over heating on the trail and the snow pack is hard or you're on a switch back climbing where there isn't much speed to flick up snow, stop lift the tunnel bag off and stick your hand in there and feel how hot it actually is, every bit of cooling helps. If you have something trapping and storing heat on the opposite of side the cooling side of things, physics are physics.

Will

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
True but the bag isnt going to make or break it. If you are over heating with a bag , you are over heating without one. sj

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The powder keg llc is the nicest waterproof bag I have seen. It is hard plastic, shovel fits in them and they have an integrated fuel system that goes with them that is slick. You really have to want one because they are expensive. You get what you pay for. I have bought a bunch of ski-doo $125 bags and they are garbage. My wife is getting a powder keg next year. I also met the couple at the Utah show last fall and the are way nice people. A lot of thought went into these.

Cowgirl151

Premium Member
Jul 21, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
I bought and used the Skinz Powder Pak for the majority of this season.........Piece of crap bag! Ended up with holes and leakage. Was not durable and the entry to this bag was a long process of velcro and 4 buckles.

Bought the True Adventure Bag and it's the BEST!!!!!!!!! Love it! Waterproof zippers and the bunji system on top holds a coat snuggly and secure. This bag has been excellent!

http://www.tagear.us/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=97

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
:bump:

edit: bumping so folks can find both parts of the thread. Both are great! :)

Last edited:
Premium Features