• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sledding Injuries

H

Happy Bunny

Dec 8, 2008
Mission, BC
Chest protectors HIGHLY recommended!!! I've been riding with one for years and I'm sure it has saved me many a times, lol! Especially when you bite it on your track or handlebars :face-icon-small-sho

Have any of you actually put a chest protector through the test and had an impact with it? I'm looking at the Fox Women's R3 Roost Deflector which I tried on and like (although I don't know how well it'd do on impact) or the Sixsixone Coresaver which I don't have access to try on, but the other girls on the forum seem to like .... anyone have any real experience with these?

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
My tekvest has been through many impacts, some pretty severe. I did break a rib last season when the handle bar went right around the edge and into my armpit. Can't help that really. Took one hit last season that probably would have collapsed a lung, it was bad. Ended up with just some bruising on my ribs instead. It feels light and thin, but wow- it's really done it's job. I got it because I have a damaged kidney from a stupid filly, and want some protection over it. Same with the lower abdomen, 661 doesn't cover either.

Wow, Skidoogirl .... you're a trooper ... glad to hear that you're ok and keep getting back up to play just as hard as before. Tekvests are expensive, but I guess the ability to keep sledding after an accident really is priceless.....

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
I actually bought the cheaper one, with the zipper up the middle, got it on Ebay. So it was a pretty good deal. The shoulder pads were uncomfortable with a pack, so I just modified it and it works fine. As flimsy as it looks, it has saved my ribs many times. There were a couple times that the impact was low, and might have been below a 661, so I'm glad I got this one. When I can I'll probably step up to the better model.

Premium Features