• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CO fires contd.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Started a new thread so the BM's can keep up.

A big fifth wheel would be sweet, but to get one that was truly four season would cost a fortune. Upfront cost and in utility bills to keep it warm make it less attractive to me for the longterm. I'll be happy with a nice cozy Bigfoot camper. They're primo for winter camping and can put up with bitter cold and still have utilities inside. You'll have to give it a try Diz!

Met with the adjuster on my property yesterday and he wrote me several fat checks so I can get started replacing stuff. Also wrote me a nice size check for the trees I lost. Nice enough to pay for most of this.. Didn't have the heart to tell him the trees will grow back on their own just fine. No need to by new ones!

Be haulin my new camper in style! This thing is sweet and was very gently used and kept in mint condition. The old ram won't be missed! lol
2012-07-04131034Copy.jpg

2012-07-04131058Copy.jpg

2012-07-04131131Copy.jpg

2012-07-04131117Copy.jpg

2012-07-04131155Copy.jpg

Last edited:

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
State Farm. so far so good. Still waiting on the home valuation but i built it myself, so I think I'll make out pretty good there.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Schweeeeeet, now at least one person I know has a rig capable of getting me un stuck when I haul my trailer to RE this season :face-icon-small-con:face-icon-small-con:D

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
lol, that screeching heater fan was enough to scare anybody off the couch. That camper is for sale!

Picked up the bigfoot camper today. It's sweet. The owners kept it in great shape. Rides like a dream on the duramax dually and the truck handles the weight easy. 16 mpg is not bad either. Dealer got me an Edge performance box for cost. Picking it up tomorrow in Longmont. Not that the truck needs it, but I got a 3 year warranty for $2400 bucks, so I'm not to worried about babying it.

Guy I bought the camper from is a retired contractor and has several lots down on the trinchera ranch, near Alamosa (Ft. Garland) Offered me a sweet deal on five acres with well and power and nice view of Blanca. Only a hop and a skip from WC pass too...

Heading up to my property to start cleaning up. Not sure I want to re-build there or not. Wasn't my dream property or anything, just what I could afford and close to work. See what the insurance company offers me. Might be a good chance to get into something better.

Premium Features