• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best forward a-arms

Best spindle forward a-arms?

• Skinz Concept

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • ZBROZ

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • CR Racing

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Diamond S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
@Mountaintech Just wondering the dimensions of your front end? I did end up ordering mine from CR Racing it ends up being 36.75 wide & plus 3 forward. Got to jump on a Nytro with this narrow stance and WOW what a difference on getting it to pull over. Really wished I'd bought it sooner!!

My final version will probably be 38" wide, +3" forward, independantly adjustable caster and camber, and no weird shock angles, with no NO shock mods necessary. Even if your subframe is tweaked, or gets tweaked, you will be able to adjust the caster to get it to where it needs to be. This is very important for the Nytro. No other kit is able to offer this. Pics will be forthcoming.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I believe each company's web site has a breakdown of what is included with each of their kits. I would start there

Skinz & CR doesn't include spindles Timbersled and ZBroz includes their own spindles. WCS is a knock off of timberseld and includes spindles. All fall into the $800-$1000 range. Skinz I believe is the most expensive $1000. Its even more if you do not have a 2010 or newer sled because of the OEM spindle change between the 08-09 and 2010+

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I believe each company's web site has a breakdown of what is included with each of their kits. I would start there

Skinz & CR doesn't include spindles Timbersled and ZBroz includes their own spindles. WCS is a knock off of timberseld and includes spindles. All fall into the $800-$1000 range. Skinz I believe is the most expensive $1000. Its even more if you do not have a 2010 or newer sled because of the OEM spindle change between the 08-09 and 2010+

Skinz is even more expensive if you have to factor in shock mods because of their extreme shock angle.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com

As most know we have hundreds of Skinz front ends out there with extremely high customer satisfaction and its the reason it's still the kit I ride and promote.

The Skinz Kit is $950 and you can use any year spindle. I actually prefer the early spindles because the increased trail of the 2010 spindles is no longer needed with the Concept front end. We made 5/8" longer tie rods just for the 08-09 guys as well. So if you order a front end and have the early spindles just let me know and we'll send the longer ones at no extra charge.

For shock packages we have fast turn around on float retrofits for $150 as well as discounted shock packages with front ends. If you have the Yamaha coil springs a shock upgrade is a huge performance gain anyways no matter the front end.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hey Rick thanks for the info. I was surprised Skinz did not offer longer tie rods when they originally rolled out the concept front end kits because the 08-09 sleds where the worst of the bunch handling wise.

I am glad that OFT stepped up once again and is offering longer ones for the guys with older nytro's.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I'm going to go with the CR+3/36.75" a-arms on my Nytro, awesome quality parts!

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
Are the 36.75" arms new, as they're not on the website? When you get them can you post some pics?

yes you have to call & ask for them,dont think they stock them,just made by order . may have some pre made at this time of year though.

NO they aren't listed on CR's web site but yes they are available. I ordered mine online (so I could use PayPal) then called them directly so they could change the order to the correct front end ( All CR's front ends are the same price). CR calls it the 37X3 & the gal that answers the the phone also prosses the online orders. Took about 2 weeks to get from day I ordered. Hope this helps

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
NO they aren't listed on CR's web site but yes they are available. I ordered mine online (so I could use PayPal) then called them directly so they could change the order to the correct front end ( All CR's front ends are the same price). CR calls it the 37X3 & the gal that answers the the phone also prosses the online orders. Took about 2 weeks to get from day I ordered. Hope this helps

I just received mine yesterday and their definitely top quality. The arms plus some other items took about 7 weeks to get though. I asked about ordering another set and they are 3-4 weeks out until delivery.

Premium Features