• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best forward a-arms

Best spindle forward a-arms?

• Skinz Concept

Votes: 36 43.4%
  • ZBROZ

Votes: 33 39.8%
  • CR Racing

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Diamond S

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M
Jan 14, 2004
I've got a fair bit of seat time on an Impulse Nytro and the handling is there with the mid mount but my legs are too short to ever really feel comfortable on the sled. I always feel like I'm riding a barrel, for me that's my only concern with the midmount. I actually really like the stock seat, it never seems to get in my way, I guess things would be easy if everyone was the same size LOL.

M5

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Skinz seat

I've got a fair bit of seat time on an Impulse Nytro and the handling is there with the mid mount but my legs are too short to ever really feel comfortable on the sled. I always feel like I'm riding a barrel, for me that's my only concern with the midmount. I actually really like the stock seat, it never seems to get in my way, I guess things would be easy if everyone was the same size LOL.

M5

I put a Skinz seat on mine. It is super narrow on the top and totally changes the feel of the sled. The seat is not real comfy but I ride standing for the better part of the day. Mine is kind of special... the tank is built for the seat, kind of like mountaintech setup.

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
I'm going to try CR Racing's Nytro front end this year... Not only have I not heard anything bad about them, there also $200 cheaper than skinz(everybody seems to love but break alot of "pre bent" heim joints) ZBroz(issues with shock placement/breaking mounts off)
CR always seems to put out a super hi quality product with very little negative feedback.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
YamaS

This is a new one I have not read or heard of anyone with issues with breaking off shock mounts on the Zbroz front end Hmm Donest mean it hasnt happened. It just strange to me with all the hype surrounding these front end kits you would think someone would get on here and mention it. Also Pre-bent Heim joints on skinz front end?? Are you talking about the pre-bent tie-rods? Since they went to the 5/8" hieims there has not been a lot of talk about having breaking problems. Again doesnt mean it doesnt happem. everything breaks if you hit it hard enough. Care to elaborate on the issues you have heard about on the shock mounts on the Zbroz front end?? Not lookning to bash here. Just purchased the kit this season and want to find out if this was an freak thing or if a lot of people are having this issues.? Chad at CR does put out some nice stuff and his front end kit looks interesting. However trying to get stuf into the US is a pain and adds cost

Last edited:

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
For the skinz yes I was referring to the pre-bent tie-rod ends. If you read some people's post they almost break if you look at them wrong. Other guys don't have any problems.
As for the ZBroz shock mount breaking I've only heard of that a couple of times. I'm not 100% if it wasn't rider abuse but who's to say.... Everybody seems to down play how "HARD" they are on their machines!

For me I'd go
CR Racing
ZBroz
Diamonds S
Anybody else's
Skinz(I will admit I've got a personal hatred with them)

P

pelon

Oct 29, 2008
Billings Montana
I'm going to try CR Racing's Nytro front end this year... Not only have I not heard anything bad about them, there also $200 cheaper than skinz(everybody seems to love but break alot of "pre bent" heim joints) ZBroz(issues with shock placement/breaking mounts off)
CR always seems to put out a super hi quality product with very little negative feedback.

I went with CR's also. You can get them in a +3, plus their stronger, lighter and cheaper than skinz.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Hey YamaS

That is what I thought thanks for the clarification. yes people seem to think that lightweight parts are somehow stronger then OEM parts and cry when they dont stand up to their abuse and yes some people are definitely harder on their parts then others. Like you say a lot of people have not had issues and swear by what they bought too.
I agree that the CR kit shows promise. its just a pain trying to get parts in from Canada without paying a pretty penny to do so. Let us know how you like them

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
Just wondering if I can use my stock shocks with these plus 3 forward front ends? I'm kinda still tapped after last year double sled blow up!! I know most would recommend aftermarket shocks but is there other options?

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
I'm pretty sure you can use stock shocks on the zbroz and CR's.

I ran the zbroz +3 all last year, I'm happy with it. I still think the lower arm looks stupid, but its held up just fine. Actually it's pretty beefy, it's just weird how the shock mounts to the lower a arm. My main motive for going with the zbroz was the spindle. The stock spindle and ball joint are garbage, I had to replace them several times and I wasn't willing to by a kit that didn't fix that problem too. My.02

CR's front end is pretty appealing also. But it wasn't available when I bought mine.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
So when will we know if your going to put them into production?

You'll be the first to know! It looks more and more likely that I will. Could have sold sets on the snow last season but the ones I'm working on now are even better. No weird shock angles or shock mods required.

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
@Mountaintech Just wondering the dimensions of your front end? I did end up ordering mine from CR Racing it ends up being 36.75 wide & plus 3 forward. Got to jump on a Nytro with this narrow stance and WOW what a difference on getting it to pull over. Really wished I'd bought it sooner!!

Premium Features