• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rapid bike

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
I originally posted this QUESTION and since you commented on it there has not been any response to my orginal question please if you want to start bad mouthing on of the best and nicest turbo designeers dont do it on my thread start your own bull**** somewhere else i want to ride all day without tuneing on the hill thats what the other five days of the week are for guys like you are no fun to ride with we never find the good riding because you think your Mr tunemaster i got what i got someone else did all trhe dyno on this set up so guys like me who love making the first tracks allday long can doit and not be riding in someone elses track the PL turbo kit has been awesome it gets me where i want to go and back i can tune at home ride on the hill John Force nevers pulls up to the line and adjusts anything its all done out in the pits Run what you brung hopefully you did your homework on your previous trip to change what you think might need to be adjusted which probably doesnt it your little man complex talking Sorry poeople about my rant but couldnt handle it anymore thanks if any one has any helpful tips on the RB3 setup they are running please respond so i will have fun next season on my TNYTRO only rode four times at the end of season so i cant wait for a full season of BOOST CRUZIN wit MY BOOST CRUZIN BUDDIES or BCB for short love that BOOST im an addict of it now
Never said Dave wasn't the nicest, nor did I say that his kit wasn't the best. I said that the RB3 was a pain in the butt and I meant it. You will find this out on your own, everyone else has.
I have had alot of PM's asking about my fuel system, and I will give you one guess what most of those guys are running right now, and who's kit they have.
Oh BTW, I wonder how John Forces car would run if he pulled out of the pits and it suddenly dropped 15 degrees and there was 2 ft of snow on the track, I bet he would have to change his setup.:face-icon-small-sho

You asked the question and got an answer, you just didn't like it.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Wow :face-icon-small-sho
I have a Rapid Bike. Duke ended up writting the program to get it to run like it does:face-icon-small-ton.
Whats a standalone? You "standalone" while your buddies are riding:face-icon-small-win
NM....you got my number:face-icon-small-hap
Happy boosting
Fuji

F
Dec 28, 2008
Tisdale Saskatchewan
RB3 Works

Been following this thread for awhile. Alot of it sounds like bull#$%^! I have a rear mount Apex built by Dave at Powderlites. It is the first rear mount apex he has built. It runs #$%^ing great with an RB3. No burbles/farts. No lag. That s right! No lag. I have rode SC sleds and I do not see any differnce, nor do the guys I ride with. I agree with Tranquillicer NM you have really discredited yourself bashing the crap out of everybody. Your type is all to familar. Sounds like you suffer hard from "little man sydrome". Do everybody a favor and get some help with your syndrome.

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Been following this thread for awhile. Alot of it sounds like bull#$%^! I have a rear mount Apex built by Dave at Powderlites. It is the first rear mount apex he has built. It runs #$%^ing great with an RB3. No burbles/farts. No lag. That s right! No lag. I have rode SC sleds and I do not see any differnce, nor do the guys I ride with. I agree with Tranquillicer NM you have really discredited yourself bashing the crap out of everybody. Your type is all to familar. Sounds like you suffer hard from "little man sydrome". Do everybody a favor and get some help with your syndrome.
I am really enjoying the input from everyone. Sounds like you have yourself a real runner their. Where do you ride WNR? How much boost? How many years have you been riding boosted sleds?

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
here you go again blabbing about your lag less rear mount give it a break already people who brag and defend their stuff have their own right to, but when you bad mouth individuals you cross the line. NM will get my business any day of the week. as far as what this thread is about the rb3 i have countless hrs running and tuning it in the end the best thing to do for me was to junk it! am i bitter about it not working nope, why? because i have something that actually works. cant wait to see how you lag less apex runs.

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Rapid Bike

This post is about Rapid Bike and I am always here to help someone with anything to do with EFI on sleds.
Rear mount Apex was built and never tested on dyno or for a short ride even.
He wanted a rear mount so we built it and installed Tuning Bike and told customer how to use TB and go ride and let us know how it goes.
Came down from the hill and I touch up some mapping and said I wished we had the time to go do some mapping ourselves.
I used base map for MCX rear mount and that seems to be good starting point.
Has he ask me to adjust or said it was running bad? NO
All i heard was not only from customer but other guys it smoked on other turbo sleds with ease first day out and everyday since.
Spooled I think you have not seen or been to a race where rear mount smoked a front mount or rode a proper setup one.
Watch the video's again and notice the flat low end spot just like MCX kit has!
When I worked with Derick and Dobeck to make the first boxes run on a Apex same problem. You need to be able to pull fuel out at 4600 RPM cause it runs too rich.
Pull fuel with that system?
I have look at that system years ago and I didn't fall off the turnup truck yesterday NM.
I am always learning something everyday and don't be bashing me or Rapid bike if you want to sell your buddies a new EFI system.
That old intercooler I built on your apex NM is really crappy compared to my new Stage 3 and when cranking boost up over 12 psi it falls down bad.
Dyno has proven by a few different companies at 20 psi the new stage 3 will give about 20 to30 HP.
Take flash light and see if you have a deflector in the front of your intercooler!! NM

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
This post is about Rapid Bike and I am always here to help someone with anything to do with EFI on sleds.
Rear mount Apex was built and never tested on dyno or for a short ride even.
He wanted a rear mount so we built it and installed Tuning Bike and told customer how to use TB and go ride and let us know how it goes.
Came down from the hill and I touch up some mapping and said I wished we had the time to go do some mapping ourselves.
I used base map for MCX rear mount and that seems to be good starting point.
Has he ask me to adjust or said it was running bad? NO
All i heard was not only from customer but other guys it smoked on other turbo sleds with ease first day out and everyday since.
Spooled I think you have not seen or been to a race where rear mount smoked a front mount or rode a proper setup one.
Watch the video's again and notice the flat low end spot just like MCX kit has!
When I worked with Derick and Dobeck to make the first boxes run on a Apex same problem. You need to be able to pull fuel out at 4600 RPM cause it runs too rich.
Pull fuel with that system?
I have look at that system years ago and I didn't fall off the turnup truck yesterday NM.
I am always learning something everyday and don't be bashing me or Rapid bike if you want to sell your buddies a new EFI system.
That old intercooler I built on your apex NM is really crappy compared to my new Stage 3 and when cranking boost up over 12 psi it falls down bad.
Dyno has proven by a few different companies at 20 psi the new stage 3 will give about 20 to30 HP.
Take flash light and see if you have a deflector in the front of your intercooler!! NM
Oh, OK thanks Dave. You have been a huge help.
First off, I never bashed you or your kit. I stated that the Rapidbike is a pain in the butt(gee I hope I don't have to repeat this too many more times) and I meant it. Do you seriously want me to start posting names and what they ride? I personally know at least 15 people that hate Rapidbike and can't wait to get rid of it. I wasn't too pumped with my Nytro fuel system either and that is why I tried something different. This fuel system I am running is money on the Nytro. I posted plenty of video to back it up. I am not 100% sold on it for use on the Apex, but time will tell.
Soooo this rich spot at 4600 RPM is on all Apex'es no matter of Turbo kit, clutching, fuel system, motor work, cam timing, compression, etc? How was that determined, on a Dyno, or on the hill? Can't work it out with changing the CO's? I take heat because I am honest and tell it the way I see it...some people don't like the truth and will defend their investment. I know when to cut loose a bad idea and carry on. If Rapidbike was the best...then I would be running it. Sorry!

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
apex fueling

NM Because you install boost and on all Apex's that I have worked on there is a problem with where the air pickup is in throttle bodies that is why they all act up down at about 4600 to 4900 RPM. take out 6 to 8% from stock!!
Cam timing, valve lash, Intercooler design, turbo size, header and down pipe all have to be designed to work together in a balance system.
CO's won't adjust enough on Apex to make a smooth trail riding sled.
You have gotten a sled to run in hard no snow conditions but I would wait and see how the Apex does in 4 ft powder this fall.
Sorry if ya ain't got the best intercooler!
When you hurt a motor with that intercooler your running it will be burn valves or cylinder 3 or 4!

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
NM Because you install boost and on all Apex's that I have worked on there is a problem with where the air pickup is in throttle bodies that is why they all act up down at about 4600 to 4900 RPM. take out 6 to 8% from stock!!
Cam timing, valve lash, Intercooler design, turbo size, header and down pipe all have to be designed to work together in a balance system.
CO's won't adjust enough on Apex to make a smooth trail riding sled.
You have gotten a sled to run in hard no snow conditions but I would wait and see how the Apex does in 4 ft powder this fall.
Sorry if ya ain't got the best intercooler!
When you hurt a motor with that intercooler your running it will be burn valves or cylinder 3 or 4!
Well my motor has done just fine for over 6000 kms, and yes it has been checked for leak down. At Big Dawg 2 years ago my Apex was second out of 25 of the fastest turboed mountain sleds in North America. This was running only 17 lbs boost and no NOS. It was the fastest sled at Big Iron this year also running 17 lbs boost, so I think it's doing alright.
Your going to have to explain why a slight rich spot at 4600 rpm has anything to do with driveability on the trail. Every mountain Apex I have ever ridden engages between 45-4700 and cruises over 5000 rpm. So you discovered this on the dyno?

grizzly7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Any one looking for an rb3 I have one basically never used for a Nytro, shoot me a pm

J

johnny be bad

Nov 26, 2007
in the getto
wow. that was a lot of reading! im just glad i still have carbs. just a question? who has what kits on there sleds? alpine pl mcx impulse?

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
wow. that was a lot of reading! im just glad i still have carbs. just a question? who has what kits on there sleds? alpine pl mcx impulse?

I'm not sure what I have anymore? :face-icon-small-dis
Synergalpinepulse. lol

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
hes asking what turbo kit not what S.T.D. you have :face-icon-small-hap:hurt:

I was in Delburne this morning, you weren't home though.:face-icon-small-win hahahaha

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
Oh, OK thanks Dave. You have been a huge help.
First off, I never bashed you or your kit. I stated that the Rapidbike is a pain in the butt(gee I hope I don't have to repeat this too many more times) and I meant it. Do you seriously want me to start posting names and what they ride? I personally know at least 15 people that hate Rapidbike and can't wait to get rid of it. I wasn't too pumped with my Nytro fuel system either and that is why I tried something different. This fuel system I am running is money on the Nytro. I posted plenty of video to back it up. I am not 100% sold on it for use on the Apex, but time will tell.
Soooo this rich spot at 4600 RPM is on all Apex'es no matter of Turbo kit, clutching, fuel system, motor work, cam timing, compression, etc? How was that determined, on a Dyno, or on the hill? Can't work it out with changing the CO's? I take heat because I am honest and tell it the way I see it...some people don't like the truth and will defend their investment. I know when to cut loose a bad idea and carry on. If Rapidbike was the best...then I would be running it. Sorry!

NM, if you ever come to montreal, stop by our shop.....you seem to have a lot of knowledge about engines!!! maybe you can come and install one of your system(heh sorry one of SDS system) on one of our sled already on the engine dyno and see if you do better than us or anybody ON AN ENGINE DYNO. Do you realy think factories like a/c,skidoo,polaris and yamaha are tuning "on the hill" all their sleds??they are fine tuning on the hill....but with laptops not turning knobs left and right, once dialed in no matter what is the snow condition,engine load, air pressure ect, the ecu will get the job done because it is all tested and duplicated on the engine dyno(and this has been proven in cars,atv,snowmobile and all powersports).Once again,you can not become an engineer because you like to turn knobs. SDS injector driver is a piggyback controller and might be attracting for some people in the market today because fuel boxes are ruleing the industry and not doing so good, but it is all about to change(not only me but a few other companies are working on complete standalone as we speak for all brand)people will be able to choose between the standalone for different kits(manufacturer) and piggybacks then will see! and believe me it is not that far away.......at 1500$ for sds kit(with sensors) you are realy close to a full standalone unit too!!!
this is not a bashing reply it is an informative reply.

http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/SUPRATURBO0501/?action=view&current=M1000.mp4

Last edited:
N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
NM, if you ever come to montreal, stop by our shop.....you seem to have a lot of knowledge about engines!!! maybe you can come and install one of your system(heh sorry one of SDS system) on one of our sled already on the engine dyno and see if you do better than us or anybody ON AN ENGINE DYNO. Do you realy think factories like a/c,skidoo,polaris and yamaha are tuning "on the hill" all their sleds??they are fine tuning on the hill....but with laptops not turning knobs left and right, once dialed in no matter what is the snow condition,engine load, air pressure ect, the ecu will get the job done because it is all tested and duplicated on the engine dyno(and this has been proven in cars,atv,snowmobile and all powersports).Once again,you can not become an engineer because you like to turn knobs. SDS injector driver is a piggyback controller and might be attracting for some people in the market today because fuel boxes are ruleing the industry and not doing so good, but it is all about to change(not only me but a few other companies are working on complete standalone as we speak for all brand)people will be able to choose between the standalone for different kits(manufacturer) and piggybacks then will see! and believe me it is not that far away.......at 1500$ for sds kit(with sensors) you are realy close to a full standalone unit too!!!
this is not a bashing reply it is an informative reply.

http://s419.photobucket.com/albums/pp279/SUPRATURBO0501/?action=view&current=M1000.mp4
Ok sounds good. What if someone puts your system on their sled and it runs poorly in the mountains...can the rider adjust it?
Who's fuel system are you using?

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
you are welcome anytime at our shop NM. As you know already,we are working with turbo kit fabricator so we run artic cat own fuel system with extra injectors in some different throttle bodies(included in their kit).when we lunch the standalone, it won't run poorly nowhere! we want a distributor in alberta/B.C area so if anything happen they can fix/tune(or if you want to upgrade)but for now it is still under development. My point to all your reply is simply don't bash/put down other piggyback controller because they are in multiway close to SDS system......i have to give you SDS is user friendly though!but remain for now a band-aid not a proper way to fine tune a sled or any motor.....just my .02
i wish you good luck with the sales anyway!

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
you are welcome anytime at our shop NM. As you know already,we are working with turbo kit fabricator so we run artic cat own fuel system with extra injectors in some different throttle bodies(included in their kit).when we lunch the standalone, it won't run poorly nowhere! we want a distributor in alberta/B.C area so if anything happen they can fix/tune(or if you want to upgrade)but for now it is still under development. My point to all your reply is simply don't bash/put down other piggyback controller because they are in multiway close to SDS system......i have to give you SDS is user friendly though!but remain for now a band-aid not a proper way to fine tune a sled or any motor.....just my .02
i wish you good luck with the sales anyway!
So Vipec is what you are trying then. I wish you luck trying to run closed loop injection for the race gas guys. So if your setup goes out on the hill and runs poorly...the owner is basically out of luck until they can get it to a dealer. hmmmm, kinda sounds familiar.
I'm still not sure why your comparing what I have too dobeck, rapidbike, etc., because it is nothing like them.
Considering it's July and I have sold almost 20 fuel kits, I don't think it's too bad. I have a lineup of guys already committed for this fall. I realize this makes sense because sledding is not really on too many minds right now. Once I get it working on a 1200 Doo turbo, I'm sure that will open up my market quite a bit.

Premium Features