• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please Help Stolen Sleds

I

I Dare Ya Rene!

Dec 25, 2007
www.eaglevalleylodge.com
That sucks man, need pics and will get buddies to keep an eye out! Cops are doing stings on the ski hill to catch the people stealin a $500 dollar pair of skis! Why can't they do a sting with a couple $30,000 dollar sleds, catch the buggers in the act. If they won't maybe we should do it ourselves!

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
thats a bunch of bull **** all of us snowmobilers work hard for our toys and to have some ace holes come and take them away. i hope you catch these ace holes

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Yep if you set up truck with sleds and waited for them to come and then beat them you would be going to jail not them just ask Bryan Knight how many charges he has for chasing down the guys that stole his quad, its pretty sad. I am sure the thiefs are reading this post just laughing about it looking for who is heading to revy next that they can rip off. How about the hotels have a locked gate with 24/7 security wouldnt be hard to do.Where was the Alpine rig parked?

Last edited:

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
Hey M5, I like the hire a pro thing. Why can't we start a pool that can hire some badass to find these guys. Bonus for proper disposal of these guys! I would be willing to contribute.

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
Man that's bad news
We gotta remember that these scum suckin dirtbags are just as good at their job as anybody is, they're experts who have lot's of experience and they have a game plan before they open the truck door
I find it truly bizarre that these things just dissapear?, How can hand built one off machines just turn to vapor?
They cant just sell them for parts cuz even incomplete turbo kit's would raise alarm bells
Probably at the point where almost every thing on a mod sled should be serialized so it can be traced

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Hey M5, I like the hire a pro thing. Why can't we start a pool that can hire some badass to find these guys. Bonus for proper disposal of these guys! I would be willing to contribute.

I will donate. Never been to Revy but always wanted to. Don't want to come if my sleds are going to get stolen.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
Sled thefts in Revy its self is rare.For the number of sleds in town to sled thefts ratio it is real low.I go there lots and have never had anything stolen.
With sledders keeping the town alive in the winter security is pretty good.Chit does happen though every once and a while.
For the amount of snow and riding areas I will continue to go there,the riding areas are unbelievable nice,mind you I make sure sled trailer and truck are secure.

Dave:face-icon-small-hap

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
three strategically placed cameras woudl solve the whole thing....just need an internet connection (cell would work...) and you at the worst, have direction and possibly pics of the person.....

one motion sensing one at parking lot

one coming into town...one going out on 1....

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
The ski hill runs Revy now, thats were the powers that be are concerned with. Not sledders that have kept the town alive in the winter for along time. Like CM said, park a car coming into revy on the east side, then another 1 at the west side of the bridge. Not that hard for the cops to do.

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
Sorry to hear about all the sleds everyone has lost in that area. If the RCMP actually cared about all these thefts why won't they set up some sort of sting operation to catch these people. How hard would it to put some transmitters on some sleds and stake them out, follow them to their operation and bust the whole thing. I suppose if they are like the american police if it is not DUI realted they just don't care. I just can't believe how much money is being stolen and nothing is being done about it.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Sorry to hear about all the sleds everyone has lost in that area. If the RCMP actually cared about all these thefts why won't they set up some sort of sting operation to catch these people. How hard would it to put some transmitters on some sleds and stake them out, follow them to their operation and bust the whole thing. I suppose if they are like the american police if it is not DUI realted they just don't care. I just can't believe how much money is being stolen and nothing is being done about it.

They did have a program like that a few years ago. It was used elsewhere in the province and was called the BAIT program. Same concept as its automotive counterpart. I personally would not count on the police to be helping out much. If you have something of value you want to protect it is up to you to take the necessary measures, whether it is worth $1000 or $200000.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I find it truly bizarre that these things just dissapear?, How can hand built one off machines just turn to vapor?
They cant just sell them for parts cuz even incomplete turbo kit's would raise alarm bells

My bet is that sleds like these are leaving the country in a sea container.

G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
My Guess is that these sleds are stored somewhere anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, then they break the sleds down, change color, swap parts out, alter vin #'s. Then Sell for peanuts to younger people that know they are stolen. a buyer for a custom sled that is stolen is just a smart/stupid as the thieve that stole it. These custom sleds would be like steeling a pink Ferrari. the a**holes that steel them are smart enough to know they are very unique, and are not going to re-sell them unless they look completely different.

how about this....

2009 Turbo Nytro with all the goodies say 30-35K for 3500.00 bucks cash.
we all know that this would be stolen. Unless it was a bitter pissed off X-wife with newly signed divorce papers was selling it. :) (it does happen). Point is that the thievin bas**ds would sell it cheap enough that the buyer could not pass it up. and for 2 or 3K more the sled would not look like the one that was stolen.

Its hard for me to think like a thief, but who could I confirm this with?

Y
Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
They did have a program like that a few years ago. It was used elsewhere in the province and was called the BAIT program. Same concept as its automotive counterpart. I personally would not count on the police to be helping out much. If you have something of value you want to protect it is up to you to take the necessary measures, whether it is worth $1000 or $200000.

Our local RCMP did this in my town a couple of years ago. There were a few sled and quad thefts from backyards. Some plainclothes RC's loaded a couple of quads up on a trailer and drove them around town a few times over a week or so. They left them parked in a driveway and a couple of nights later the $hitheads grabbed them. They tracked them back into the city and voila, they found them along with a bunch of other stolen stuff.

Why is it so tough to do something similar in Revy?

U

Ultralord

Nov 26, 2007
Auburn WA
We have bailed on our revy trip the last few years due to this kinda crap I cant beleive that the rcmp has so little backbone or a lack of FUNDING. Between that and those spinless border gaurds you guys have that think that a group of 40 year old balding white guys with KIDS AND 100K TRUCK AND TRAILER ARE SMUGLING SH$T INTO CANDA WTF.
The one thing i know for sure I get no greif when i cross the Idaho Border!!!

Last edited:
W
Jan 4, 2009
That's funny, most of u get eh same feeling crossing back into Canada? I think it's a "home" feeling, makes your tummy warm. Anyway, cops are really tied up with the #1 thing here, the Olympics we can't afford.After that , who knows, but I am curious where they left the truck still, hotel, or where?Knowing who they are, the hotel can arrange a perfect room in the back for them, knowing they are coming, and then let someone else know when and how long they will be around. These people are not strangers to Revy, they ride there for years, live not far away, so I am sure it could be figured out. I agree, a few cams, especially again if it was from a hotel. The hotel could easily put in a few cams for customers benefit, if that is where they stayed.
I also believe they are loading them into an empty tractor trailer unit, sure they will find the truck/trailer somewhere, if not already, but you see more empty trailers across the province all the time, just siting by the road for no real reason.
Again, If they stayed at a hotel, I will put my money on an inside job, see who runs the hotel.
Willl see what I can find out today, and with their permission, post back later.

S
Aug 17, 2009
When we were at the Days Inn I was impressed how their parking lot is covered by multiple cameras and the front office is staffed 24/7 with someone watching the monitors. Loved Revy we sledders just need to stick together. Keep an eye out on Craigs list, ebay etc. for great deals on parts too. We're heading to Cooke in 2 weeks ..... will be sure to keep an eye out.

Premium Features