• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

my nitro build

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
ha ha if it aint got a cummins it aint nice :rolleyes:we need one of those stick fight icon like bcr ha ha.:D:beer;

Hopefully in April or May over a big bottle of Gibsons we can have a stick fight with shovels one day and fishing rods the next :p

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Sled gear

Not only is it going to be tuff to ride with that pipe,gonna need foil on your paints if you don't want them melted!
Or are you not done modding it yet. Willing to bet it will rip though.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Not only is it going to be tuff to ride with that pipe,gonna need foil on your paints if you don't want them melted!
Or are you not done modding it yet. Willing to bet it will rip though.

yah i just havnt cut it off yet once everything is done i will cut it down so it only about 8 inches long.i have sat on the sled & it will be tough to rub your knee on it unless you are doing cornice drops then you will have to watch your knee that would hurt.:beer;

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Can't wait to see the finished product. Your sleds have always been some of the nicest finished sleds I have seen. I ever decide to do another one up, let me know when I can send it up to you to do up for me??

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
I would build some kind of guard over that pipe:eek: I hit a hole last year and slammed into my reverse lever. If you have a mishap and hit that pipe it's gonna hurt and be instant meltage:eek: Sled's lookin' good:D

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
so why the straight pipe instead of tunnel dump?

no big hole in the tunnel, no loss of hp:Dthey will bog a bit in deep snow when you stop & go again just allot less work to install.with that said if its to loud i will just go with a 3inch tunnel dump.should be ready on Tuesday i work tomorrow + work Christmas party tomorrow night:beer;:beer;:beer; so i have most of it done now.just have to bleed the coolant ,finish up the heat shield,bolt the tank & seat down install my vents & gauges should be 99-100% by Wensday.:rolleyes::D

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I would build some kind of guard over that pipe:eek: I hit a hole last year and slammed into my reverse lever. If you have a mishap and hit that pipe it's gonna hurt and be instant meltage:eek: Sled's lookin' good:D

the pipe is actually 3 or more inches ahead than the revers handle you could hit it but it will be tough.i have it wrapped in a bunch of header wrap so hopefully it will keep the heat down a bit plus give me a bit of padding if i hit it.:beer;

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
supply ear plugs for you and your buddies. its gonna be crazy loud
They are not as loud as you would think. We ran the same pipe on a Nytro 2 weeks ago in Revy and it was alot quieter than my Apex sidepipe. It is more of a low bark sound.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
They are not as loud as you would think. We ran the same pipe on a Nytro 2 weeks ago in Revy and it was alot quieter than my Apex sidepipe. It is more of a low bark sound.

:D you get out this weekend how did your nytro work,iam all done now but a few little things will fire it up tommorow not sure if i will take it for a rip though its dam cold here looks a little chilly out there too.:rolleyes:

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
:D you get out this weekend how did your nytro work,iam all done now but a few little things will fire it up tommorow not sure if i will take it for a rip though its dam cold here looks a little chilly out there too.:rolleyes:
Never made it out. Had the Nytro loaded and pulled the pin last minute. I'm trying to maybe get to McBride or Valemount for a thurs/fri ride. Wasn't that cold this morning, only -39.:eek:

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
not bashing at all but why did you go with the pipe straight out the side and not dumping into the tunnel? its gunna sounds sweet lol. awsome build! once again....you have one bad a$$ sled! Love it!

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Never made it out. Had the Nytro loaded and pulled the pin last minute. I'm trying to maybe get to McBride or Valemount for a thurs/fri ride. Wasn't that cold this morning, only -39.:eek:

dam i would meet you there but iam working those days i doubt i can get them off.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
not bashing at all but why did you go with the pipe straight out the side and not dumping into the tunnel? its gunna sounds sweet lol. awsome build! once again....you have one bad a$$ sled! Love it!

less back pressure = more power & better throttle response + it looks cool ha ha:rolleyes:

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
well it came alive today started almost instantly & really sound great was not loud at all ran it in my buddies shop with no ear plugs.was having a tough time idling need to hook up my fuel pressure gauge must be a bit high, really rich at idle but once you bring the rpm up a touch it sounds nice & clean.it will be ready to rip by the weekend i hope,will have the completed pics then.:D:beer;

Premium Features