• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another category

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
This is an area for other electronic devices, like SPOT, GPS's, 2 way radios (Including Garmin's), etc where folks can ask their questions, and be able to find the answers.

This was a requested category. :)

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Under the subtitle, it says "Beacons". IMO this could lead to duplicate posts and mis-categorized information.

I can see what you mean with the Beacons, but there are other products or electrical equipment that might not fall into the other category.
Lights for instance can defiantly be a lifesaver that would not be a proper use of the avy category.
A place for GPS discussions is also very nice..

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
I do see the point on beacons..........also agree on lights. Having had one of those rides that the weather turned bad, couldn't see, got turned around by someone who thought he knew better than others.......then dark upon us while down in a gully and 2 riders without headlights, headlamps, nothing.

Lights are most definitely important!!!

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
Not sure why another category is needed under the snowsafety heading, but oh well.

Wouldn't this be the place for info and questions on specific beacons?

The other area should be about beacons and brands in general. You know like, "Your a idiot if you ride with out one in the mountains".

Then address model specific questions here.

As far as posting in the wrong area, the mod can move them all here.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

S

Skippyspad

Dec 18, 2009
Loveland, CO
Wouldn't this be the place for info and questions on specific beacons?

The other area should be about beacons and brands in general. You know like, "Your a idiot if you ride with out one in the mountains".

Then address model specific questions here.

As far as posting in the wrong area, the mod can move them all here.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

That's exactly why this topic was requested. Questions about how to use, tricks and tips, problems and suggestions for all the gadgets out there that we use. Use your best judgement. If your question seems more appropriate in the Avy section put it there. If you're question has more to do with how/why/what to use, put it here.

Thanks SnoWest for adding this,
Mike

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not sure why another category is needed under the snowsafety heading, but oh well.
Right now this forum is a bit up in the air.
It seems like we SHOULD have a place dedicated to all of the hand held electronics that we carry on our sleds.

But we are not sure WHERE such a forum should live yet?

R

RMKrick

Jan 22, 2010
Wonewoc,Wi.
Think this is going to be great for avy training.Everyone should have a beacon if they ride in any altitudes.I have met people that have them and have no clue how to use them.

Premium Features