• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tuesdays ride near Carbondale......Stellar day!!

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
We got a call @ 6:45 am to go help with the search for the 3 missing snowmobiler's near Colbran. We got loaded and got our friends loaded in the trailer, and were ready to go when we got the call they had been found. So we all had the day off, and ready to ride......what should we do???? GO RIDE!!! We hit the Marion Trail Head, and headed out in the windy cloudy day. As we got to the higher elevations, the snow was just unbelievable. As the day went on, the sun came out.....then the camera came out, no action shots, but check out the scenery!!!

1-27-09018sm.jpg

1-27-09008sm.jpg

1-27-09007sm.jpg

1-27-09006sm.jpg

1-27-09004sm.jpg

C
Nov 30, 2007
Grand Junction, CO
very nice pics

WOW! Awesome pics, I love it when there's a riming layer built up on the trees like that!

Is that Sopris in the background? Where exactly is this trailhead/riding area? Would it be the very east end of Grand Mesa???

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
WOW! Awesome pics, I love it when there's a riming layer built up on the trees like that!

Is that Sopris in the background? Where exactly is this trailhead/riding area? Would it be the very east end of Grand Mesa???

It is the Marion Trail head out of Carbondale, and/or 4 Mile out of Glenwood Springs. It is Sopris you see in the background, and I would say we were around 11k in that pic. Also, I would say about 1/2 way to Electric from this side. Does that explain approx where we were? HAHA So basically a corner from and to the left of BFE!!!

D
Nov 27, 2007
Nice pics. It was over the hood face shots at RE all day today. It was a zoo for a weekday and will be stupid tomorrow. This will be a epic weekend for Colorado pow chasers.

Premium Features