• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Indy Specialties weights.

R
Feb 18, 2008
Helena, MT
Has anyone used the mountain specific adjustable weights from Indy Specialties. I'm looking to use something like those to tune my Axys. I'm running the stage 3 SLP setup and I can't get enough weight to grab the belt with the Polaris 10 series weights. Thanks for your time!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I have some of his replica lightening weights he sent me to try out. IIRC they are the same as his adjustable ones, just, well, not adjustable without the drill method. I have 2 sets one for low alt riding and one for higher stuff and I can just swap primary springs to make quick fine tune adjustments for localities if I want.

They work way better then the 10 series. Way more tip weight so they drive a lot harder into the shift curve. That being said I am running mine with the full clutch setup front and back supplied by indy. (per TRS spec) This setup is a NICE improvement over the stock clutching which IMO runs well but makes WAY too much heat and doesn't shift out nearly as well when you have the space to let the sled shift out.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Where doesn't he ride haha <table width="100%" class="tborder" id="smilietable" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="10"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1"></td><td class="alt1"></td></tr></tbody></table>

I
Nov 26, 2007
I used just dans weights and spring, I’m also running an slp pipe at low elevation. I didn’t see much gain over stock. Still tons of heat. I’m trying TRS secondary recommendations as well now which I bought from Dan. Hopefully I can get clutch heat under control.

R
Feb 18, 2008
Helena, MT
Testing at 6000 foot last weekend I ran 10-66's, stock springs and a 54-38 .25 cam and it was really close. I forgot to bring my 68's, I think they would have worked pretty good. You could almost grab the clutches after running in the powder, they weren't too hot. There's just a spot where it's slipping the belt and causing it to lose rpm. I put my Magnums in with a blue pink and it keeps rpm at higher elevation but it builds heat! I'm thinking the Indy setup with something close to what TRS is running in the secondary would work.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Where doesn't he ride haha <table width="100%" class="tborder" id="smilietable" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="10"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1"></td><td class="alt1"></td></tr></tbody></table>
This is a very real statement. I ride generally in the MT from 7-10k. But I honestly ride from 3-10k on an almost weekly swing. Im single. I like sledding a LOT so I go where the snow is.

Make the switch to the full INDY/TRS setup I think you will REALLY like it. Im very impressed. I also still need to reshim my primary as it is on the loose side. I think you will be really happy with it. I know day 1 with my indy setup riding seeley lake were WOT up the road in over the hood thick powder and saw better clutch temps then stock stuff in any conditions.

Premium Features