• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New handlebar & switch set up

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Finished my handlebar setup this weekend. I love the way it came out. It includes the following:
CFR Crow bar(no adapters needed)
Stock 4" riser
Universal kill switches for engine stop & reverse
"Push button start" button (like the etec boys)
RSI universal extended heaters
1/64 gasket material installed under elements
Universal 3 way rocker switches(for h&t and headlights)
ODI flouro yellow grips(very close to the medium green color)

My only complaint was the bar pad supplied with the CFR bars...called CFR and they are sending me a fullsized one for nothing.

I significantly reduced the amount of wiring over stock. Hopefully it will help with transient losses. I did a quick ride this weekend and im quite happy with the heat output. I have alot of trouble keeping my hands warm on cold days.
f294559b7abe99af62952d824e244a0d.jpg
fadb8045afe8f3ab0750be5dec5c25eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
looks great, are they a little straighter than stock bars? i been looking at them too, not sure the angles on the stock bars for comparison.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
looks great, are they a little straighter than stock bars? i been looking at them too, not sure the angles on the stock bars for comparison.

They actually have a slight more of a curve back. If you look at the bend angles they are almost identical to the boondocker bend, but have less overall rise and maintain the 7/8" diameter all the way through. the bend is actually very close to what came stock on the M-series. I like the height of the stock bars but just felt the bend was kinda bland and wasn't a fan of the "grab bar". The crow bar also saved me from having to order new risers or adapters. overall I like em.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Gasket material under the heating elements or under all the switches? I’m about to do the same thing

Just under the heating elements. The idea is to put something between the element and the handlebars to help with insulation. This is what Ski-doo does from the factory but they use cork. You could use cork as well but the problem is it increases the overall diameter and a lot of people like the skinner grips.

I just use Fel-Pro 1/64" gasket material, I bought a sheet of it at Autozone for 2$ and I've done 3 sleds with it now. I used spray adhesive and a piece of electrical tape on each end to hold it in place

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE

Of the whole thing? Like said n done? I dono maybe 250ish?
handlebars 100$
Powermadd block 40$
Rsi elements 50$
grips 20
switches...about 40 all together

So yeah right in that area

I don't keep track of costs very well because if I do I look back and think negatively about it, "Just gonna spend it"

papafinger1

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2007
minnesota
Love the setup. Biggest complaint about car it the cluster of crap on the bars. Awesome clean look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Nov 5, 2014
Just under the heating elements. The idea is to put something between the element and the handlebars to help with insulation. This is what Ski-doo does from the factory but they use cork. You could use cork as well but the problem is it increases the overall diameter and a lot of people like the skinner grips.

I just use Fel-Pro 1/64" gasket material, I bought a sheet of it at Autozone for 2$ and I've done 3 sleds with it now. I used spray adhesive and a piece of electrical tape on each end to hold it in place
Is it alot warmer after you put the gasket material in? I find mine aren't very warm at all.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

C
Mar 9, 2017
Finished my handlebar setup this weekend. I love the way it came out. It includes the following:
Stock 4" riser

My only complaint was the bar pad supplied with the CFR bars...called CFR and they are sending me a fullsized one for nothing.

I significantly reduced the amount of wiring over stock. Hopefully it will help with transient losses. I did a quick ride this weekend and im quite happy with the heat output. I have alot of trouble keeping my hands warm on cold days.

What type of windshield/bag do you have on your sled?

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Is it alot warmer after you put the gasket material in? I find mine aren't very warm at all.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

It helps but they still arnt all that warm. I just talked to a buddy who bought a pair of those 200$ Fly racing heated gloves and he says its the best purchase hes ever made. Might have to go that route at some point

M
Mar 28, 2017
Stock 4" riser

hey just did this with mine as well with the headlight switch when you switch it from high beam to low beam does the gauges go out and then come back in? almost like they would when you put the machine in reverse?

Premium Features