• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blew my chaincase already

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Knew I should have put a skid plate on this. I was even riding flat in an old track at 6500rpm cause I was running out of gas. Lesson learned. Gave me a reason to put on a TKI belt drive lol. Also got mad bogs at 6500rpm in deep pow. Either PV cables or diamond s can is too long on the exit and even with the bottom of the deflector. Or combo with break in and loading up with oil is all I can think of... Did find out the jackshaft is indeed hollow though.

https://youtu.be/CT22hyS9W9Y

Last edited:

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Knew I should have put a skid plate on this. I was even riding flat in an old track at 6500rpm cause I was running put of gas. Lesson learned. Gave me a reason to put on a TKI belt drive lol.

Did the same thing on my Skidoo years back, then missed the best riding of the season while I waited for parts. That pretty much cured me of early season rides. Gonna have to get a beater I can take out on those early rides! ;)

S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
Knew I should have put a skid plate on this. I was even riding flat in an old track at 6500rpm cause I was running out of gas. Lesson learned. Gave me a reason to put on a TKI belt drive lol. Also got mad bogs at 6500rpm in deep pow. Either PV cables or diamond s can is too long on the exit and even with the bottom of the deflector. Or combo with break in and loading up with oil is all I can think of... Did find out the jackshaft is indeed hollow though.

https://youtu.be/CT22hyS9W9Y

Was your sled still in break
In? Mine won’t rev pass 6000-6500 rpm till
Break in is done

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Last edited:

CRJPilot

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2008
Farmington, MN
Ya this was my second ride. It ripped when it wasn't bogging out.

How many hours on it? Are you getting any error codes on your screen like a U1000 or v1000? It could be your dealer forgot to put in the security PIN... my dealer forgot to put mine in, I noticed it because it was throwing a code but he says it will operate normally for about 5 or 6 hours without the PIN, then limited to 6500 RPM without the PIN, there could also be some other ECU function that is inhibiting full RPM..

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Would a skid plate have helped? Why did you take it all apart to do the belt drive or are you doing more?

Inner chaincase cover is broke. Have to take the jackshaft and driveshaft out to get the inner chaincase to slide out. I think a skid plate would have helped

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
How many hours on it? Are you getting any error codes on your screen like a U1000 or v1000? It could be your dealer forgot to put in the security PIN... my dealer forgot to put mine in, I noticed it because it was throwing a code but he says it will operate normally for about 5 or 6 hours without the PIN, then limited to 6500 RPM without the PIN, there could also be some other ECU function that is inhibiting full RPM..

Not sure hrs but it has 70 miles. The security pin is in there

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
sorry to hear but looks like your fishing ><>... time to get Wy1000 on it so we can get the real answer.:face-icon-small-dis no https://www.google.com/search?q=emoji+for+bull+****&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=eHhna74GMAiQHM%253A%252CywAsEAXFjwds0M%252C_&usg=__bxzOmvDgNoP4a3nD3BkgMMtEj7c%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjv47ar887XAhUM34MKHSbfCi4Q9QEINTAC#imgrc=p_i9meJx690SzM:

he will need time for testing and cnc work for sure.

more so why are you riding the cat and not the poo?

No fishing here. I ride both sleds the same amount

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
sled is a monster! but I would love a metal cover for mine, the skid change makes it feel like a whole new sled,

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I was thinking that too but don't you think a metal cover could grab and rip more than plastic that can slide over a rock easier? I really don't want a huge skid plate on it, but I guess I have no choice cause I sure don't want to do another inner case install again.

My PV cables were indeed off at 34.5mm. Specs are 36.5mm. I also looked at can exit lengths on the stock can and speedwerx yesterday. My diamond S needs cut down about 3/4" to match the other two.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Damn those are beefy as hell. I'm gonna try and contact them and see where they get those made up.[/QUOTET]

That's what I want yes beefy, yes it wont work as good as plastic but im sure you ride a lot of sketchy trees and need the extra protection that plastic cant offer, guess I need to make a call and find out where these came from :) also no issues with my speedwerx can yet runs like a top.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I want one too, maybe i need to join facepage to get one. actually id buy two.

Premium Features