• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best tether and kill switch

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
The OFT is a Pro Armor kill switch with the correct connectors already installed, for direct plug and play. For half the price, you can get a Pro Armor and put those same connectors on in a matter of seconds and your good to go.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
My buddy's Polaris one has been giving him a lot of issues lately when it's below zero. Has to twist it around to get it to function properly and depress the center button.
Food for thought. Might be an isolated incident.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Honestly, I've ran both Polaris and the Pro Armor and both have worked perfectly fine. I have also heard of guys having issues with both of them, pick your poison.........the only thing worse is NOT having one!!

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Buddy of mine broke his oft tether just the other day so if you buy one get a spare cord.

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
I've had a horrible time lately with my factory Polaris tether. Pull the cord and it keeps running 75% of the time. I just ordered a pro armor

M
Dec 22, 2016
Utah
I just put the OFT racing harness on my 17 axys. Fell off a bunch on Monday and it worked great in sub zero temps.

A few notes:

1) Make sure you buy 2 lanyards as it is the clip style harness
2) Swap the metal hook on the lanyard for a nice big wiregate caribiner. I used this one and love it (plus you can match your sled). This makes it easier to take on/off with gloves on.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018IZTXEW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3) Mount it in a position so that the plunger doesn't get a lot of powder jammed into it, the higher on the bars the better. I put mine on the upper right hand vertical post on my pro-tapers (lanyard loop on Klim gear is on the right hand side) so that it can clear my handlebar bag but still not be obstructed when I fall off. I wish we could still get the straight edge carbon triple clamp mount. Hopefully, someone replicates that design with either carbon fiber or aluminum as that would be absolutely amazing and would mount it dead center!

WFOWA

Lifetime Membership
Jun 10, 2008
SOCO
Remove Kill Switch

I installed pro armor this year and it's working great.
I'm considering deleting the kill switch now that the tether is installed. I relocate the kill switch to the inside of the pro-tapers on all my sleds (on the U part of the bars) underneath of the horizontal bars. I ended up getting stuck still because of bashing through some branches and it hit the kill switch even with the relocated kill switch position. Kill switch be gone.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The Phantom Teth-Air is faster than a cord on start-up (before clutch engages) and has a roll over shutdown feature. Ever been pinned under a screaming sled?

All with time delays as desired.

If your sled has the throttle stuck on start-up and you are standing next to it with corded tether attached to you, it will go about 25 ft. Try that in a trailer, garage or on a sled deck.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I've had a horrible time lately with my factory Polaris tether. Pull the cord and it keeps running 75% of the time. I just ordered a pro armor

Same has happend to all 3 axys in my group, or start cutting of and on with the cap installed. A jet ski type tether with the clip would probably work better.

owenbstory

Lifetime Membership
Oct 6, 2008
north east oregon
Teth

Just my experience here with the teth air. We bought 4 of them, one on a doo and two on polaris. After a year of running them I couldn't convince anyone to use the fourth one. Range is a bit of an issue no mater the antenna length but your sled dying in the wrong place or wrong time is just dangerous. Not bashing on anyone here just my 2 cents.

Premium Features