• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conquer 280?

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Man there is a lot of bad info on this sled forum. Regardless of what these other guys say it is a fantastic track. Very rarely will you have the perfect 3-4 feet of champagne powder. i ride lots in B.C., with deep snow. I ride Revy, Blue River, and Valemount and they get a lot of snow. There has only been a few times where the X3 or the 3.2 were slightly better. The 2.8 does not trench.... And when i meant that i grabs better on set up snow, it didnt mean the trail. You will be very happy with the track. It is night and day better than stock.

Bad info??? You like the track... Excellent. Others don't... Its not bad info its a opinion. We have these forums to read about others experiences of what some feel works and others don't . I ride the sea 2 sky corridor. This year we have had a lot of those super deep days. Needed all the track we could get. When those epic deep days show up. Do you want a track that does the job or almost does the job? What is the great benefit of the Conquer , that you would use it and give up the abilities of the X3 ?? Bare in mind I have had both tracks on the same sled. 17 Axys 174 MTNTK Turbo running 9ish lbs of boost and identical suspension setup. Also the Whistler area has had some record snowfall days this season. One more thing. It trenches!!!!! IMHO

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Bad info??? You like the track... Excellent. Others don't... Its not bad info its a opinion. We have these forums to read about others experiences of what some feel works and others don't . I ride the sea 2 sky corridor. This year we have had a lot of those super deep days. Needed all the track we could get. When those epic deep days show up. Do you want a track that does the job or almost does the job? What is the great benefit of the Conquer , that you would use it and give up the abilities of the X3 ?? Bare in mind I have had both tracks on the same sled. 17 Axys 174 MTNTK Turbo running 9ish lbs of boost and identical suspension setup. Also the Whistler area has had some record snowfall days this season. One more thing. It trenches!!!!! IMHO

How many miles did you out on the 2.8? Camso recommends 200 miles for the track to break in and in which time changes the characteristics of the track for the better. At least that is their statement.

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
Just like the old attack 20. Has the hillclimb direction and powder. Seems that if breaking sucks, won't hook up in reverse on the trail and trenches bad turn that sucker around.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Ha, ya watched that one yesterday. Talked to him a bit about the track. He still prefers the 2.6 over any track. I myself do not like the 2.6 so tells me we like different things about are tracks. He still is running the 2.8 on many of his sleds and also the stock 2.6.

He said it did have a less braking but nothing to be concerned about but for the most part we descend down sideways, not straight done.

Also again talking to a local that has it said the same thing. Likes it way better than the X3 and downhill was no that bad.

Since mine has already shipped I have no other choice but to try it and see for myself.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
In deep pow the track trenches plain and simple. For tree riding when you are in and out of the throttle this is not what you want. If you're in more coastal snow it may not be that bad.

For Burandt to go back to the 7lb heavier, smaller and shorter 2.6, these effects must have been significant.... Like others have stated.

I personally love the 2.6 as well. It's the best track I have ridden for the type of terrain and riding I do.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
In deep pow the track trenches plain and simple. For tree riding when you are in and out of the throttle this is not what you want. If you're in more coastal snow it may not be that bad.

For Burandt to go back to the 7lb heavier, smaller and shorter 2.6, these effects must have been significant.... Like others have stated.

I personally love the 2.6 as well. It's the best track I have ridden for the type of terrain and riding I do.

I guess I will hate it then because all I ride is trees. Again he did say he is still using the track and like its. But for the snow they have had he does like the 2.6 better. I myself do not like the 2.6.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
I guess I will hate it then because all I ride is trees. Again he did say he is still using the track and like its. But for the snow they have had he does like the 2.6 better. I myself do not like the 2.6.

I should have said "deep LIGHT powder" conditions. Coastal guys may find it to be the cats meow.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska

He didn't go back to the 2.8 on all his sleds. He still runs it on quite a few sleds in his fleet. Both his build sleds have it still as well.

Not arguing the other points as I've never ran it so I don't know but just for everyone else's knowledge, if you care to know, Burandt still runs the 280. Keith Curtis did however take it off his sled but in hindsight said that he never went through the break in period that Camso told him was very important. 200 miles was what they told him.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I should have said "deep LIGHT powder" conditions. Coastal guys may find it to be the cats meow.
90 % of my riding is coastal. When it gets deep it doesn't work here either. At 200 miles it would have to change dramatically to change my mind.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
He didn't go back to the 2.8 on all his sleds. He still runs it on quite a few sleds in his fleet. Both his build sleds have it still as well.

Not arguing the other points as I've never ran it so I don't know but just for everyone else's knowledge, if you care to know, Burandt still runs the 280. Keith Curtis did however take it off his sled but in hindsight said that he never went through the break in period that Camso told him was very important. 200 miles was what they told him.

Did you wAtch the vid that's a 2.6 on Jenny Craig? Not a conquer.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Did you wAtch the vid that's a 2.6 on Jenny Craig? Not a conquer.

No I didn't watch the video. He said on Wednesday this week that he was running the 280 on his sleds still. Don't shoot the messenger.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
No I didn't watch the video. He said on Wednesday this week that he was running the 280 on his sleds still. Don't shoot the messenger.

He probably is on some of his customers sleds but all I was saying is that's not a conquer track on his (Jenny Craig) build its a 2.6. You can see the lug profile in that picture I took.

Premium Features