• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 post forward block.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
You can turn the rktek around and it moves it forward and down, w the stock adjustable steering post....
Not down and closer to you

Yeah... what I mean is that it puts the post sticking up before the bars... just asking to break your ribs, gut, or nuts. I know I tend to be a tad more "full contact" than many riders... but I hit the bars here and there, last thing I want is some nasty metal block to hit first.

There are better ways to do this imo.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Well I'm working on sled doing the standard post an c3 3" post forward kit. You guys that have done this what did you do to the bottom cross brace bar (that the servo motor it's riveted to)?? To get the bar up vertical to the 3" post it hits it big time. I unbolted it so get the steering bar all in place, now that cross bar needs to be ahead atleast 1/2" more. Who's ran into this?? I'm just gunna put some spacers on bolts to keep that bar 1/2" more forward.

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Well 3 days of testing in Revy with the 3" forward an 2.5" riser. Absolutly the best mod you can do to a proclimb. Can keep your feet stuck right in the front now an side hill the steepest side hills. Rode mine an my buddy's poo back to back a bunch of steep side hill trees. Can EASILY side hill the same steepness an the washout it always used to have is completely gone. This is hands down how these sleds should be set up. I am going to go to 3.5" riser though. Skid in 13 postion.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Yeah... what I mean is that it puts the post sticking up before the bars... just asking to break your ribs, gut, or nuts. I know I tend to be a tad more "full contact" than many riders... but I hit the bars here and there, last thing I want is some nasty metal block to hit first.

There are better ways to do this imo.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Ya it looks like a real ball buster !

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Well 3 days of testing in Revy with the 3" forward an 2.5" riser. Absolutly the best mod you can do to a proclimb. Can keep your feet stuck right in the front now an side hill the steepest side hills. Rode mine an my buddy's poo back to back a bunch of steep side hill trees. Can EASILY side hill the same steepness an the washout it always used to have is completely gone. This is hands down how these sleds should be set up. I am going to go to 3.5" riser though. Skid in 13 postion.

Getting the post out of your gut it huge imo... there's no question that if most people had a day to ride it set up like you're saying that they would switch.

Nov 29, 2007
wasifulus alaska
this is what is working best for me.tryed RKT post forward on the original post,it was alright.still puts the bars in my chest when it gets hairy.this set up takes a ride to get used to and probly not all that trail friendly but is the schit when sidehilling fo me.allows me to step forward and get some weight on the skies and keeps the bars more vertical.not to mention getting rid of a few components and a lot of steering slop.and maybe a pound or two.:horn:

post forward.jpg

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Agree with his setup 100%. Other than the tall riser. Way easier to side hill with low bars. I have 2.5" on now an mite go up an inch. Max would be 4.5" riser in my opinion.

Also yes had those rox risers pointed straight forward too an bars an post still in gut. Everyone's gotta try this setup an get forward on this chassis an it side hills amazing.

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
I have the 2" Rox "Forward Riser" on my stock adjustable vertical steering. Very noticeable to jump from mine to my buddies '14 M8. I like it ALOT better but I think the standard post with a 2" or 3" C3 post forward would be the ticket. Maybe next year.......or maybe Cat will do it for me on the 2015's....:dance::dance::dance: Yeah Right

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It's cool that it's so easy on the cat at least... hell, you're mostly taking parts OFF to do the mod, which is pretty sweet!

I've got a post forward coming for the XM now, pretty excited to get the post that little bit more vertical & forward. The XM was a big jump forward, and this is the same jump again.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Agree with his setup 100%. Other than the tall riser. Way easier to side hill with low bars. I have 2.5" on now an mite go up an inch. Max would be 4.5" riser in my opinion.

Also yes had those rox risers pointed straight forward too an bars an post still in gut. Everyone's gotta try this setup an get forward on this chassis an it side hills amazing.

About how much further forward is your current setup compared to bars with the rox setup? Just a rough guess, not looking for an exact figure. Maybe it's already in this post, but what parts are needed to do this? The rox setup is a lot better but I still would like more forward. Plus at 6'4", I'm going to take a serious punch to the junk one of these days with the rox setup. :face-icon-small-hap

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
you go from this

39.gif

to this

39.gif

only parts you need are the post itself
Part# 1705-309
Desc POST,STEERING-PTD BLK -AC USD Price 66.01 (Michelle will beat this price significantly)

And a decent riser.

The parts for the post mount are all the same... this is a really easy swap.

You'll notice that you're throwing away a bunch of junk (some of which you'll be able to sell) and taking weight off... and eliminating slop points. Between the weight loss, and slop removal, it's a pretty sweet mod to be able to do so cheap.

Last edited:

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
So without the c3 post forward,when you go from the stock adjustable vertical steering to this where are the bars in relation to stock with vertical steering? If that makes any sense.....

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
About how much further forward is your current setup compared to bars with the rox setup? Just a rough guess, not looking for an exact figure. Maybe it's already in this post, but what parts are needed to do this? The rox setup is a lot better but I still would like more forward. Plus at 6'4", I'm going to take a serious punch to the junk one of these days with the rox setup. :face-icon-small-hap

6'4" here to with the Rox setup and I strongly fear my boys are really not gonna like me someday......

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
Stock setup comes right up in same place the vertical bar comes into the bushing. Just the standard post had a T on that. I'd say I'm atleast 5" more forward. Adjustable used to come out right below the controller. Don't know how to rotate pic. First time puttin pic up.

image.jpg

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
So without the c3 post forward,when you go from the stock adjustable vertical steering to this where are the bars in relation to stock with vertical steering? If that makes any sense.....

Because of the angle, that answer depends on how high the riser is. To use extreme examples, with a 1" riser, they'd be about 5" ahead, and with a 12" riser they've probably be about an inch or two behind. Because the planes aren't exactly the same, height is a factor.

Just to use a more common example though, if you had a 6" riser on it, inline with the post, or SLIGHTLY forward, you'd be about 2-3" ahead imo.

Obviously I'm not mocking this up in Cad, so I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's close. The stock forward post with a stock riser felt to me like it was about 1" further forward.

2014-01-11 11.36.32.jpg

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
i just installed the 3" on my '13 1100t
i also have a '14 m8000

the difference is huge!!!!!!

i used the stock riser on the vert steering that came with the 1100t its only about 2" riser, i think it needs to be more like 4" or so

i will get a couple pics...

Premium Features