• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

12 Suspension like 13 Suspension

S
Jun 22, 2011
Team I have 2012 Timbersled and would like to have it 1" lower at the seat like the 2013. I have done some research and I was told to put a 1/2 spacer on the top of the sliding rear arm. My suspension had a 1/2 and 1/4 spacer on the bottom of the sliding arm mechanism. I took it apart and put the 1/2 on the top and left the 1/4 on the bottom. It made the suspension substantially more soft and lower, but now I am worried that I need a 1/2 on the bottom also.

Please let me know what size spacer I should have on the bottom and if it will hurt anything to leave the 1/4 spacer on the bottom with the 1/2 spacer on the top?

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
You did it right. The shims on the bottom control ski lift. On the 2013 kit there is no shim on the bottom. I personally would remove the last shim on the bottom and keep the one on the top. It will feel very light on the ski this way but will still steer very well.

<O:p</O:pAllen<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
S
Jun 22, 2011
Sounds great I will try it this way, I was just worried that I needed the spacer to keep it from bottoming or something like that. Again I am a dirt biker not snowmobiler so adjusting snowmobile suspension is new to me. Will this make the trail steering more vaque or better?

Premium Features