• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowy range camper parking

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
Can you camp in your trailer at the snowmobile trailheads in the winter? I want to go up and set up somewhere to sled to and from my trailer. I was thinking the green rock or other trailheads on that side since I am coming from eastern colorado.

thanks!

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
For future reference. I just called the forest service and they said it was ok to stay overnight in the green rock parking area in my trailer or essentially anywhere you can pull off of the main road.

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
For future reference. I just called the forest service and they said it was ok to stay overnight in the green rock parking area in my trailer or essentially anywhere you can pull off of the main road.

Interesting, I thought I remember seeing no overnight parking signs up there. My understanding was that was so WYDOT could plow everything, and if it wasn't snowing then probably no one would bother you (I have seen trailers spend the night there before). I wonder if the forest service and WYDOT are on the same page...:juggle:

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Interesting, I thought I remember seeing no overnight parking signs up there. My understanding was that was so WYDOT could plow everything, and if it wasn't snowing then probably no one would bother you (I have seen trailers spend the night there before). I wonder if the forest service and WYDOT are on the same page...:juggle:
There is definitely signs saying no camping at greenrock.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
I've stayed in our truck camper both at Green Rock and down in the pay lot at Albany. Both say no camping, but I don't consider sleeping overnight in a trailer or truck camper quite the same as "camping".

I park in an out of the way place, so they can plow easily if they need to. Expect to be plowed in if it snows though... Or get up when you hear the plow and move your rig out of the way.

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
Thanks all. No problem staying in the trailer last weekend. Gonna try again this weekend and see if the result is the same when it is actually snowing...

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
Where did you camp at? How was it? Looking to do the same.

It's not really "camping" IMO, just staying parked in the normal area overnight and sleeping in the rig. :)

I do NOT recommend "camping", which to me means building a fire and spreading things out... That might draw the attention of Johnny Law...

Premium Features