• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 m7 Flooding HELP!!

906wildchild

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2015
UP Michigan, Helena Mt
Okay, so I purchased a non-running m7 for a backup/wife sled, the machine didn't have spark. First off I went through the harness and found a couple bare wires on the headlight harness and one on the tail light connector, I repaired with heatshrink and cleaned all the connections. Still nothing, so I tested the Stator, it failed and I replaced the Stator with a brand new OEM. Now I have great spark!

Next issue, so you pull the engine over, it fires, sputters and dies. Pull the plugs and they are drenched. Cleaned the plugs, took a shop vac and sucked all the excess fuel out of the case and try it again. Same thing. Now I've brought it to the dealer, they tested the TPS for me and it was good but there was an injector code....I pulled both injectors and tested/Cleaned them with a small battery and carb cleaner. Re-installed and still flooding. All scan tool tests say that the electrical system is fine (according to dealer).

I was told to check fuel pressure, as it is an issue on some of these sleds. I installed a BMP in line gauge and it is within spec when you pull the engine over but it slowly bleeds down to 0 within a couple minutes.

How long should the pressure remain? What am I looking at if it doesn't? Fuel pump? Injectors?

Snows coming . HELP.

JoeySlushr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
LeCenter, MN
Mine maintains pressure for quite a long time if I remember right. Are you sure the injectors aren’t leaking off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolm7cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2008
Montana
I have a 06 m7 and it almost sounds like what happened with me. It turned that I believe was the lighting coil was bad. Replaced problem was gone. Not sure if it's the same for you.

906wildchild

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2015
UP Michigan, Helena Mt
Mine maintains pressure for quite a long time if I remember right. Are you sure the injectors aren’t leaking off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not 100% sure, but I removed them, hooked a syringe and fuel line to both of them and applied pressure, they didn't leak. Granted the fuel pump would apply more pressure then a syringe.

coolm7cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2008
Montana
Not the stator the coil for the lights etc. Because it has something to do with the fuel system.

906wildchild

Lifetime Membership
Sep 14, 2015
UP Michigan, Helena Mt
Just an update. The problem was a burned female pin on the ECM connector, the pin was the Exciter Coil (-). Which all makes since that the machine would start (starter coil) but wouldn't keep running. I replaced the connector pin and now it runs like a champ.

20180101_174733.jpg 20180101_174720.jpg

Premium Features